Danaher Corporation Supervisor Production Operations-First Shift in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Under the general direction of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor position, based in Chaska, MN, is responsible for executing the production plan on the shop floor and within defined boundaries. This position focuses on maintaining a smooth flow of material and the execution of work orders to on-time completion. The Production Supervisor leads, directs and manages all other production resources, including people, machines, and software where necessary.
- Support and enforce the safety policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate production operations. This includes human resource and administration duties.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through the recruiting, selection, coaching, and providing performance reviews.
- Solve problems as they occur, delegating resources as necessary.
- Maintain production equipment, calibration and repair. Administer programs to insure the timely completion of each area.
- Provide back up for personnel who may be sick, on vacation or required for work in another area (i.e., when department is short on labor).
- Assist in the development of better tools and techniques to reduce costs, improve quality and boost labor efficiency.
- Maintains close communications between all Leads and hourly personnel.
- Train new employees on equipment operations and work procedures. Assign new employees to experienced workers for training and monitor their progress.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and increase production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiencies.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of SOP’s for FDA requirements.
- Assist with the maintenance of document control.
- Assist with developing work instructions. Prepare for internal, as well as external quality audits. Review audit results and trends.
- Assist with and manage projects as assigned. Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Executes the daily production plan to due date conformance and quality standards.
- Maintains accurate records of production and reporting the status of work.
- Executes disciplinary action when required.
* High School Diploma with 8 years of direct hands-on experience, OR * Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of direct, hands-on exp. * 3 years experience with compliance with FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and ISO regulatory requirements.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC011495