Danaher Corporation OR Sales Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
At Mammotome, we are committed to providing best-in-class technology to help clinicians accurately diagnose breast cancer. We provide clinicians devices spanning the breast cancer diagnostic care continuum from tissue biopsy to accurate lesion removal, never forgetting that at the heart of each breast cancer diagnosis is the patient. Through our ever-expanding product portfolio we strive every day to improve the patient’s journey and achieve better outcomes. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world.
How can you contribute to helping breast cancer patients?
Operating Room Sales Consultants are creating more possibilities for surgeons to perform breast conservation procedures, providing exceptional accuracy and effortless operations. * * What will you do? OR Sales Consultants are responsible for selling, planning, organizing and implementing all activities related to the sale and distribution of Mammotome's portfolio of capital equipment in a geographic region.
Sales Territory Management
* Produces well-developed business plans.
* Utilizes SFDC to maintain up to date contacts, opportunities, targets, and outcomes.
* Maintains capital funnel for sustained opportunities.
* Collaborates with Breast Care Specialists to identify disposable opportunities.
* Maintains comprehensive and effective strategic call plans that drive positive sales results.
* Schedules and prioritizes time for effective regional coverage.
* Understands the trends in the industry and the Company’s position in the market.
* Identifies, qualifies and cultivates new sales opportunities and effectively manages leads generated by the Company.
* Responsible for performing effective region penetration coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base for Devicor’s line of products.
* Installs and provides effective in-service training on products as required or appropriate.
* Pre-plans sales calls and maintains efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and high levels of customer service.
Technical Skills (Product and Procedure)
* Uses white papers and clinical/product terminology and knowledge to support cases and convert competitive accounts.
* Uses knowledge of products and procedures in clinical setting to train and inform customers and product users.
* Applies knowledge of competitive products and procedures to draw comparisons and differentiate product features and benefits.
* Independently supports cases in all modalities without assistance.
* Develops and maintains outstanding relationships with the Company's prospective and installed base customers, and leverages relationships to drive recurrent sales cycles for the Company's products.
* Maintains customer relationships such that it enables direct access for cases and meetings with local territory physicians.
* Builds relationships with company identified physician experts.
* Responds to customer needs and concerns to resolve issues quickly and professionally.
* Proactively cultivates competitive opportunities that result in converted business.
* Defends competitive threats to minimize losses. * Identifies underlying problems affecting organizational or individual performance such as market conditions, competitor actions, or other external forces. * Translates clinical benefits of products to economic value to the health care provider and is comfortable with financial based selling tools. * Provides presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of Mammotome's products using effective communication and sales techniques. * Educates the customer about the indications, contraindications and safety of Mammotome's products and how products drive revenue for the customer.
* BA/BS required * Minimum of 2 years of medical device capital sales experience with a successful track record. * Strong preference for Operating Room and Radiology department experience, and direct customer experience with surgeons, radiologists, supervisors, and department heads. Travel Requirements: * Frequent travel is required. * Typical work-related travel assignments range 1-3 days per week, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required. * Requires air travel on occasional basis. * Considerable time spent traveling in company car to clients.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision * This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Chicago
Req ID: MAM000655