Danaher Corporation Product Specialist - Advanced Staining Instruments in Chicago, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Product Specialist – Advanced Staining Instruments is responsible and accountable for the achievement of sales goals and/or market share targets in their assigned territory through the implementation of aggressive, direct end-user selling techniques.
* Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual and sales goals for the territory.
* Competitive KOs are primary responsibility
* Mentoring AS-AM reps is secondary responsibility
* Plan and schedule face-to-face account calls to current and potential end-users of Leica products. * Assist FSS to optimize antibodies and tailor slide quality to the approval of pathology staff. * Prepare monthly territory status reports to Regional Sales manager. * Responsible for all Capital Funnel Activities for the region * Assist RSMs with coaching of the ISS reps in the region * Acts as the region’s Bond “closer” for all Bond deals * Maintain accurate and current customer contact information. * Partners with local SAM to develop the Competitive Takeaway Strategy for the region * Assists with all Bid & Quote submissions on capital opportunities in region * Monitor all PEPs and ensure conversion
* 1-3 years Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research or industrial setting preferred * 3-5 years capital sales experience
Desired Education, Experience, Skills * Education: BA/BS in Business Administration or a Science or equivalent
Experience/Skills: * Five or more years in Medical Sales Capital Equipment is preferred * Experience with Microsoft office including word, excel, and outlook preferred * Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
* Must Possess a valid Driver’s license
* Required travel will range from 50%- 75%
* Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings
Competencies/Behaviors * Self-motivated * Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers * Strong time management skills * Effective oral and written communication skills * Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint) * Good decision making and negotiation skills * Competitive, high achiever * Holds self-accountable for results * Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure * Team player, with ability to lead and develop less experienced colleagues
Internal Relationships: * Field Sales Support * Regional Product Specialist * ICH Sales Specialist * Commercial Operations * Marketing * Service Team External Relationships: * Lab Directors * Lab Managers * Pathologists * C-suite * Hospital administrators * Supply chain
Physical Demands & Working Environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. * May be requested to work weekends for special program events
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Chicago
Req ID: ADV001089