Danaher Corporation Global Sales Training Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
At Mammotome, we are committed to providing best-in-class technology to help clinicians accurately diagnose breast cancer. We provide clinicians devices spanning the breast cancer diagnostic care continuum from tissue biopsy to accurate lesion removal, never forgetting that at the heart of each breast cancer diagnosis is the patient. Through our ever-expanding product portfolio we strive every day to improve the patient’s journey and achieve better outcomes. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world.
Would you like to bring your Best Practices to our new training facility? The Global Sales Training Manager directs and executes all sales training programs and activities. This position handles the development and delivery of sales training for the Mammotome portfolio of products by ensuring appropriate decisions and actions are taken regarding Sales Training for in-facility training at customer sites, medical conferences and at the Company’s education facility. Assists with Sales Representative development, both in the field and through corporate training events.
- Assists with establishing and delivering curriculum to ensure consistent Sales development effectiveness.
- Communicates and works closely with the Clinical Sales Training Manager, Sales Leaders, guest physicians, and all presenters to schedule sales training activities.
- Identifies the proper training needed to increase the quality of sales calls across affiliates, as well as the quality and effectiveness of the sales force and develops and executes the required training strategies.
- Develops, delivers and evaluates all levels of sales training using multiple learning platforms (i.e., instructor led, online, self-study, etc.).
- Identifies selling skill gaps (including but not limited to product knowledge, sales call effectiveness, opening and closing skills) and develops appropriate training strategies and tactics to minimize the identified gaps.
- Assist with developmental activities related to Regional Training Specialist.
- Assists with establishing and delivering curriculum to ensure consistent Management Development Program (MDP) development and effectiveness.
- Will identify potential challenges from competitors and then develop and deliver top-notch training to all levels of the sales organization.
- Assists in the coordination and delivery of training at the Global Training Meeting (GTM).
- Teammate working with the Sales Enablement Coordinator to ensure student registration, online video assignments, pre-course assignments, and other logistical components for each class.
- Handles set-up of all materials, presentations, and equipment related to training to ensure the class runs smoothly.
- Facilitates sales presentations during the course.
- Partnering with the Marketing Department to ensure all students receive the proper sales materials.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) Video Learning System.
- Responsible for direct and indirect sales training needs of the Company’s distribution network, as well as for sales teams in Japan, Korea, and Europe.
- Assists in the skill development of Field Sales Representatives and provides field-based sales training to Sales Representatives as needed.
- Provides one-on-one training, coaching/mentoring and development for the sales teams.
- Leads RTS Team to ensure consistent training and development.
- Performs, one-on-one field visits with Sales Representatives to assess and address their development needs.
- Delivers feedback regularly and appraises overall Sales Representatives clinical knowledge and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 6 years overall medical device sales experience required.
- 6 years of sales experience as a top sales performer required, IDN experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of hospital hierarchy and how IDNs, GPOs, ACOs and other outside factors influence buying decisions is preferred.
- Expert-level understanding of hospital finances and how a dollar travels through a system.
- Command of adult-learning principles with demonstrated proficiency in previous leadership within the healthcare space.
- Proficient in system-based tools including Microsoft Office applications, project planning, flow-charts, presentation, e-mail, flow charts, web browsers and spreadsheet software.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience preferred.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required (i.e., Marketing, Business, Education).
- MBA degree preferred
- 50% travel with a mix of domestic and international locations
- Typical work-related travel assignments range 2-5 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OH-Cincinnati
Req ID: MAM000754