Danaher Corporation Manager, Service and Repair in Cincinnati, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
The Service & Repair Manager provides leadership and direction to all facets of repair operations including both field and depot work. This position leads, coaches and mentors a team of Service Technicians and manages Third Party Repair relationships on a global basis. The role strives to provide world-class repair support for customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES):
Service Center Functions Develops and implements functional capabilities in repair operations, Quality and Regulatory procedures, shipping and receiving operations, parts depot operations, and Asset Management.
Manages a small team of employees.
Responsible for both direct and indirect reports.
Third Party Relationships The Repair Manager owns multiple 3rd Party relationships around the world and strives to develop or rationalize where appropriate to assure these partners provide world class repair service on our behalf.
Service Projects Executes in conjunction with the Service team members key service projects to support new products, product improvements and end of life products or new customer strategic partnerships that require unique service models. Maintains critical documentation and is audit ready for internal and external regulatory auditors.
Asset Management The Repair Manager and team own the process for tracking loaner devices. The team owns the service work necessary to inspect, clean and make ready in a timely basis internal assets and inventory for service needs. While the Repair Manager does not own marketing ‘Demo’ equipment, the team collaborates with Marketing for supporting trade show setup and tear down.
Critical Success Factors:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to gain followership and drive results
* Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to hold individuals' attention, create excitement and hold all team members responsible for outcomes.
* Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change, continuous improvement, and engagement throughout the organization
* The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
* Ability to lead teams and drive change in a matrix organization
* Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
* True love of continuous improvement, measuring results and problem solving.
* Team player who can work well across a global organization * Willingness to learn the complexities of working in a Diagnostic industry where compliance to regulation is a must. *LI-KL1.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical service operations, or service engineering field * Minimum of 3 years' managerial experience
* Experience with medical device equipment * Global interactions/project leadership strongly preferred * Supplier Management experience strongly preferred Education * * Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, or equivalent education and experience in a related field required. *Travel Requirements * Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time; both domestic and international travel is required. * Typical work-related travel assignments range 1-3 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required. Physical Demands & Working Environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
/Physical demands:/ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision /Work environment: /While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. * May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OH-Cincinnati
Req ID: MAM000616