Danaher Corporation Payroll Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Job Description: * Processes payroll for all exempt, non-exempt, and executive LBS North America-based associates in multi-state/province environments, including but not limited to: new hires, terminations, status changes, merit increases, bonuses, commissions, tax deductions, direct deposit, vacation, personal leaves, and overtime. * Serves as the point of contact for all North American associates and third party service providers regarding payroll inquiries. * Advises regarding payroll, reporting, and communication for all North American locations. * Implements, institutes, and assures accurate payroll practices and procedures in accordance with corporate and applicable state/province and federal legislation, and communicates this to all within LBS North America. * Reviews and supervises account reconciliations, as well as calculating ad-hoc statutory deductions, for closing of monthly, quarterly and annual payroll journal entries for general ledger posting. * Reconciles US and Canada tax and unemployment liability accounts to the general ledger and investigates and resolves any payroll/tax reporting issues. * Assists with payroll-related benefit accruals and analyses. * Assists in preparation of quarterly North American tax reporting, including W2s, T4s and other government reporting, to ensure that all findings and payments are on time. * Monitors SUI rate and any state and agency updates. * Handles all payroll tax audits and inquiries from relevant government jurisdictions and any related penalty items. * Implements software and program modules/interfaces to ensure establishment of smooth communication and processes. * Reviews and approves manual and off-cycle check requests to correct errors or adjustments. * Acts as direct liaison with LBS banking institutions and answers questions concerning salary, social security, associate payroll withholding taxes, calculations (variable salary components), and payroll-related financial recording. * Manages and audits the North American payroll tax filings and payments for all taxable items, such as relocation, group term life, bonuses, and auto fringe benefits. * Maintains strong working relationships with Human Resources, IT, and external payroll service providers. * Oversees the preparation W2s, T4s and other government reporting to ensure that all filings and payments are on time. * Stays current on newly enacted and evolving tax regulations to ensure the Company’s compliance with all laws and regulations, including SUI rates and any state and agency updates. * Other duties as assigned.
- Experience - Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience processing multi-state payroll and/or equivalent payroll system experience.
- ADP experience required.
- Hands-on experience processing multi-national payroll strongly preferred.
- Education - Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field equivalent, preferred.
- Active Certified Payroll Professional Certification strongly preferred.
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge:
- Ability to work with confidential information appropriately.
- Payroll Specific – Extensive knowledge of wage and hour labor laws pertaining to payroll including FLSA, FML, ADA, ERISA and Workers’ Compensation. Extensive knowledge in payroll and accounting procedures including payroll tax law and regulations required.
- Financial Management – Ability to understand financial processes and can aid in the preparation and justification of budgets. Skilled at monitoring expenditures and uses cost benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Communication – Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas clearly and simply both verbally and in writing. Promotes timely, ongoing flow of information to others. Communicates and listens effectively in order to develop and maintain key business relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to work with co-workers and customers, both internal and external, of all levels. Ability to professionally interact and build constructive and effective relationships with all levels and functions within the Company. Ability to effectively interface with others on behalf of the organization. Influences key business partners and customers to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Presentation Skills – Demonstrated ability to present 1:1 or in group settings. Delivers a clear and compelling message tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Initiative – Ability to work well independently and exercise appropriate judgment under general direction. Ability to prioritize workload, goals and tasks consistent with the department and corporate objectives. Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage conflicting priorities in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to multi-task, completing concurrent projects within given time frames and managing interruptions and change requests. Takes initiative to establish new processes and methods to support a variety of coordination activities.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic to solve problems. Probes all sources for answers. Looks beyond the obvious. Enjoys solving tactical and process problems. Applies appropriate theory and principles, expert judgment, and cross-functional expertise to address a broad range of complex problems.
- Decision Making – Makes timely, sound decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Utilizes a high degree of creativity and latitude. Relies on extensive experience and good judgment to ensure that expectations are met and that business objectives are achieved.
- Analytical Skills – Strong analytical skills. Proven ability to analyze and interpret data, to provide guidance, data driven decisions and recommendations.
- Process Management – Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish business objectives. Organizes people and activities. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow. Knows what to measure and how to measure it. Identifies opportunities for synergy and integration. Simplifies complex processes.
- Strategic Agility – Anticipates future trends and consequences. Sets priorities wisely and knows how to make tough resource allocation decisions.
- Adaptability – Embraces and adapts to change and demonstrates a willingness to learn. Reactionary and adaptable to abrupt changes, arising issues, extreme time pressures, and other exigent circumstances. Ability to respond quickly to change, and to prioritize actions to meet customer needs.
- Trust and Integrity – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization. Accepts responsibility for one’s own decisions and actions. Demonstrates honesty. Keeps commitments. Behaves in a consistent manner and is open, honest and trustworthy.
- Collaboration and Teamwork – Works collaboratively and cooperatively with many teams cross-functionally. Ability to work well with other people to solve problems and to find the best solution. Energetic and willingness to work closely with all team members to achieve success.
- Customer Orientation – Demonstrates an understanding of various customers’ (internal or external) needs and uses a variety of Company resources to provide solutions and a compelling value proposition.
- Project Management – Ability to plan, organize and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Global/Business Perspective – Shows understanding of issues relevant to organization. Keeps up to date with current practices and trends. Has and uses cross-functional knowledge.
- Risk Taking/Judgment – Inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience. Courage to grab opportunities or discontinue non-value added programs.
- Computer Skills – Proficient computer system based tools including Microsoft Office applications, presentation, e-mail, and web browsers. Strong proficiency and knowledge of MS Excel and spreadsheet software. Experience with ADP Payforce, SAP, and Workday strongly preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel - Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time; both domestic and international travel may be required.
- Typical work related travel assignments range 1-5 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays may be required.
Work Environment And Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment – accommodations will be evaluated where needed. MAMRSR
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OH-Cincinnati
Req ID: MAM000521