Danaher Corporation Product Manager - Upstream in Cincinnati, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
This position will support product development decisions for TAS product lines, influencing key stakeholders (R&D, QRA, Business Development) to achieve product objectives for ease-of-use, comfort, appeal and consumer driven architecture. Through deep understanding of current business, be able to articulate future steps needed to continue the growth trajectory of business
- Drive portfolio strategy for breast cancer business. Participate in cross-functional teams to optimize future BU product strategy around given business needs, market needs, customer needs, technical trade-offs, schedule limitations and resource constraints.
- Generate business plans, market requirements documents, presentations and supporting materials to align all functional groups behind a common vision
- Work with other global (regional) marketing partners to understand unique customer & business needs and ensure product requirements are aligned with global products and strategies
- Interact with Business Development team to identify acquisition, licensing and other partnership opportunities.
- Formulates and reviews corporate short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific product or product line.
- Conducts competitive product analysis and market research of product consumer behavior and professional audience.
- Determines the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements
- Cultivate relationships and obtain ongoing feedback from target customers to support development of winning next-generation products and market development programs.
- Develops production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product, brand, or product area over its entire life cycle.
- Serves as technical adviser, demonstrating products and troubleshooting product issues.
* Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years’ work experience in marketing or product development OR Master’s Degree with 2 years’ work experience in marketing or product development
Experience/Skills: * Experience applying market research techniques, drawing conclusions and/or making recommendations based on data * Sound financial and / or business analytical skills * Experience working in a fast paced, global organization * Global perspective and mindset * Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience communicating with senior leaders. * Understanding of medical technology businesses and interest in medical products * Apply creativity and ingenuity to find unique solutions to complex problems. * Energetic, self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and drives to results
Education: * MBA * Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business or Engineering field preferred
Experience/Skills: * 3 medical device, pharma, healthcare or biotech environment * 5 years’ experience in a position in a marketing or product development role at a large multinational company * New product voice of customer/market research and design experience * Cross-functional product management (ownership) experience * Knowledge of medical device industry practices, techniques and standards (e.g., role of clinical trials, reimbursement landscape)
Travel: * Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time; both domestic and international travel may be required. * Typical work related travel assignments range 3-5 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.
* English. Other languages appreciated.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OH-Cincinnati
Req ID: MAM000586