Danaher Corporation Territory Sales Executive, Cleveland in Cleveland, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Responsible for managing and growing all Cepheid business in Acute healthcare markets and for coordinating all associated company activity within an assigned geography for both existing and prospective accounts. The successful representative will be able to drive highly complex, multi-departmental, hospital sales from the introduction of new diagnostic concepts through closure and implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all pertinent department stakeholders within the acute care/hospital setting to maintain, promote and sell Cepheid's Value Proposition inclusive of all instrumentation and testing applications. These departments may include laboratory, pharmacy, infection control, nursing management, emergency department, risk management and physicians.
• Develop demand for and adoption of new assays and instrumentation within existing and prospective account base to achieve assigned territory goals.
• Primarily responsible for all communication and coordination between the customer and Cepheid personnel and for ensuring that all new product and system implementations are executed to meet customer expectations.
• Perform all Administrative functions related to the proper management of the assigned territory to include managing customer data in the company CRM (SalesForce), along with the use of action plans and a monthly “Bowler” report to manage and predict the business.
• An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
Education or Experience (in years):*
• Bachelor’s degree in field with 5 years of related healthcare sales experience, preferably in laboratory diagnostics OR
• Master’s degree in field with 3 years of related healthcare sales experience, preferably in laboratory diagnostics
Knowledge and skills:*
• Strong track record of documented sales success, specifically in selling premium-priced products.
• Ability to successfully engage multiple call points within the hospital, to include both laboratory and outside-of-the laboratory stakeholders.
• Expertise in demand creation for disruptive technologies versus replacement technology is a plus.
• Outstanding presentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel 75% of the time.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficient using SalesForce CRM is a plus.
• Must reside in or be willing to relocate within the assigned territory
• Must be able to sit for several hours (travel-related).
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OH-Cleveland
Req ID: CEP004327
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.