Danaher Corporation Product Development Scientist in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
SCIEX is seeking a customer-focused Scientist to help us design, characterize and verify key detector technologies on world-class mass spectrometers. The role is a key part of the/Product Development/team. In this capacity, the candidate will be part of high-performing, multi-disciplinary project teams participating in all phases of product development from concept to product launch. The individual will solve design problems through collaboration with multiple technical disciplines within the engineering and science community, while following established guidelines, procedures and design practices.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists to develop theoretical concepts into functional products.
- Generates ideas for solutions that provide and enhance product attributes.
- Simulate detector hardware concepts using charged particle trajectory and field simulators and correlate to experimental results.
- Test and Characterize detection systems on mass spectrometers for future and current products.
- Communicate experimental results to research and project teams in the form of reports and presentations.
- Work closely with multiple product development groups throughout the product development process (e.g. Project Management, Systems Engineering, Hardware Verification and Validation, Manufacturing Engineering).
- Work within a design for six-sigma framework to improve product designs with an emphasis on product cost, product reliability and design for manufacturability (design of experiment plans).
- Provide technical support for released products to improve manufacturing yield, field reliability and/or product cost.
- Help the team meet and/or exceed project and design goals, including performance, schedules, cost and quality as established in the project plan.
- Hands-on prototyping/troubleshooting/supporting of ongoing product development projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and report on project activities
- Collaborate with suppliers on externally developed products
* Masters or Ph.D. in Physical Science or Engineering Science (or similar) * Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. * Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of mass spectrometry instrumentation or other relevant analytical instrumentation * Innovative with a natural curiosity and drive to create breakthrough technologies. * Demonstrated ability to follow the scientific method * Candidate must be proactive, results-oriented, self-motivated and willing to be part of a larger team, working in collaboration with a group of engineers and scientists. * Candidate must have strong organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI002353