Danaher Corporation Senior Software Developer in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
- Works closely with members of cross-functional teams to design, develop and maintain software products and capabilities.
- Works in a collaborative environment as part of a cross-functional team to design and develop scalable, high-quality and high-performance applications on .NET platform
- Analyzes problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions using sound architecture and design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Follows established practices of agile methodologies that will ensure high quality software
- Quickly prepare brief, accurate and relevant documentation of designs, and discuss openly with teammates and reviewers to align on critical designs before development
- Implements software modules and unit tests and conducts appropriate module testing
- Mentors less senior team members, and peer reviews product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
- May lead small software development teams of software developers.
- Highly committed to on-time delivery and high quality
- Detects, reports, investigates, and fixes product defects
- Evaluates new software development technologies, tools and practices. Recommends adoption of new tools.
Works collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the development teams
- 6 years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with at least 4 years of experience in developing DESKTOP C#/.NET
- Experience with .NET technologies such as Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Solid knowledge of .NET Platforms, design patterns, Visual Studio
- Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Excellent two-way communication skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven technical leadership and facilitation skills. Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel, including geographically distributed teams
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development
- Experience with developing data-processing software for life sciences or medical device products.
- Experience working in regulated environments.
- Experience with C or other OO languages
- NUnit, FIT, Xceed, WPF grid
- SQLite or similar
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI002303