Danaher Corporation Software Development Manager - Life Science Instrument in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
The Software Development Manager manages a team of developers to design, implement, and maintain software for SCIEX mass spectrometry products. This is a technical hands-on leadership position and you will have the opportunity to lead, inspire, coach, and mentor a team of software developers to deliver high quality software efficiently and effectively that is compliant with our quality system.
You will be also expected to provide technical expertise to your team.
You will have the opportunity to perform all aspects of product level software development, including requirements, analysis, design, implementation, integration, and documentation. This position also offers the opportunity of working with various engineering disciplines to produce high-quality and innovative devices that improve patient’s care. Candidates must be very team oriented and eager to work in a fast paced environment.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for managing a cross-functional group of up to 25 developers (includes full-time staff and consultants). Responsibilities include:
- Providing strong technical leadership and direction to the team. Supervising architectures and lead efforts to develop the technical road map of projects
- Creating and supporting an innovative engineering culture focused on quality, technical collaboration, efficiency, ownership and accountability.
- Setting up performance goals for team members; evaluate performance; provide coaching and facilitate professional development.
- Leading the team by example, and work at Gemba at least 30% of the time.
- Talent development.
- Addressing concerns raised by staff members.
- Hiring appropriate staff and consultants.
- Responsible for running and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Managing the Development process for their team Making sure their team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors.
- Removing impediments.
Responsible for the staffing and the execution of multiple projects to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, with good quality and meets customer needs. This includes:
- Ensuring projects are setup for success
- Ensuring all departmental procedures, processes, and best practices are being followed
- Proactively addressing issues and roadblocks
- Ensuring departmental metrics are being provided and taking action when they are not being met
Recommend improvements to help enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the department and take ownership of some departmental initiatives.
Collaborate and negotiate with personnel inside and outside the departments to ensure effective planning and successful development of software products.
* 5 years of experience managing software engineering teams of 10 or more people. * 15 years in the software development industry, including hands-on software development experience in C# & .NET, and strong program/project management skills. * Strong design and architectural skills in software development. Solid understanding of the software fundamentals, regardless of the particular languages, frameworks, platforms, or technology * Possesses outstanding leadership/people management skills * Proven ability to attract, recruit and retain top-notch talent * Track record in releasing successful software products to market * Excellent communication and listening skills * Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet deadlines * Experience/knowledge of agile software development processes is beneficial * Possesses a university degree in software/computer/technology area
- Experience with development of Mass spectrometry software is preferred.
- Experience within the Medical Devices industry is preferred.
- A Bio/Life Sciences background is beneficial * * * * Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI003240