Danaher Corporation Software Technical Lead - Life Science Instrument in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Do you want to work with teams that design and develop advanced hardware and software solutions for one of the world’s top life sciences companies?
Does it excite you to know that the software you build helps to advance leading-edge life science research, create new drugs, analyze food and water quality, identify chemical hazards in the environment, and perform forensic tests – and thus positively impact people’s lives?
Are you ready to sink your teeth into products that require strong analytical thinking, solid knowledge of software architecture and adherence to the best practices?
Sounds like a team you want to be a part of? We can't wait to meet you!
You will be a technical lead of small-medium software teams. Be accountable for the end to end technology solutions for our client-server desktop applications. Design and develop software to meet customer and business needs. Ensure optimal technical execution of software development activities and adherence to Agile software development process used at SCIEX. Assess problems to deliver creative and effective solutions using good design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements. Mentor less senior team members and peer reviews product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications and code. Work collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the research and development teams. Evaluate and recommend adoption of new software development technologies, tools and practices.
* 4-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering * 9 years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with 5 years of experience in C#/.NET * Deep understanding of Agile software development principles and best practices * Proven experience of leading small-medium development teams * Extensive hands-on experience in the system analysis, design, & development of complex applications * Experience with design and development of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks * Excellent communication and facilitation skills * Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills * Proven technical leadership skills and a team player, with strong collaboration skills * Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel * Excellent time-management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously * Has the abstraction and critical thinking skills necessary to perform diligent research into inherent tradeoffs around feasibility, cost, compatibility, etc. to support the design process for any given solution
- Experience with C or other OO languages
- Experience with developing software for life sciences or medical device products
- Prior experience of working with offshore development teams is desirable
- Experience test driven development, Domain specific languages, distributed data management.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI002288