Danaher Corporation Master Planner in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
This role ensures the efficient purchase and flow of materials to internal and external customers to support on time delivery, reducing past dues, while maintaining inventory goals. Responsible for purchasing, planning and releasing manufactured components and finished goods. Monitors status of requirements and orders for exceptions and expedite/cancel as appropriate. Partners with Operations Management and DMS Leader to develop and communicate strategies to reduce inventory levels, reduce lead times, and increase quality with the intent of continuous improvement to achieve sustainable plant goal
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive plant OTD (On time delivery) to >95% to customer request date thru improved material availability within assigned value stream. Use DBS (Danaher Business system) process tools to ensure sustainable delivery results. Some key tools include (but not limited to) Visual Management, Standard work, Dynamic KANBAN, Heijunka Scheduling, etc…
- Drive Improved inventory turns in assigned value stream thru rigorous application of Danaher Materials System (DMS, a subset of DBS) tools. This includes, Dynamic KANBAN and post factory inventory management, Supplier Management, Tactical Materials (Cycle counting, BOM accuracy, etc.), Heijunka Scheduling, and PSI
- Drive improved Materials cost thru PPV (Purchase Price Variance) using DMS. Process tools include Sourcing and supplier management, Life cycle management and DBS deployment at Strategic Suppliers.
- Develops production schedules to provide on time delivery of finished goods for customer orders. Reviews part requirements generated by MRP, or Kanban triggers and utilizes Pall’s Enterprise System (SAP) to evaluate component material requirements for internal manufacturing consumption as well as external customer orders.
- Releases manufacturing production orders and communicates effectively with operations personnel and supervisors on the status of schedule delays, customer expedites or cancellations, and schedule attainment concerns.
- Recommends alternative production planning schemes for assigned value streams and assists other Planners and Buyers to implement the assigned planning and scheduling tools for their Value Streams.
- Solicits suppliers and evaluates capabilities to manufacture products to meet or exceed the standards of quality and physical requirements of Pall / Danaher Corporation.
- Acts as an agent of Pall / Danaher Corporation in the Material process by negotiating contract costs, payment terms, and material transportation along with other areas related to purchasing.
- Provide updated ship dates and communication to the appropriate personnel.
- Act upon the disposition of Non Conformance Reports.
- Provide production lead times based on material lead times, production capacity and capability. Collaborate with necessary functions that will assist in determining the appropriate response to the customer or sales entity.
- Identify thru PSP Kaizen opportunities to improve the Pall Cortland Material system to drive the core metrics of OTD, Inventory and Cost. Develop Action plans to execute improvements.
- Controls cost, quality, schedule, inventory and health, safety & environmental activities for the location.
- Maintains appropriate data files on active suppliers, standard costs, and lead-times.
- Standard cost ownership for all purchased parts spot, schedule and non-bom
- Point of escalation for any supplier issues.
- Owns commercial relationship
- Converts suppliers to the scheduled agreement process
- Service level agreements with subcontract suppliers
- Provide supplier OTD metrics and scorecard reviews.
- Manage Supplier agreements. Negotiate discounts, Supplier LT, MOQ, and PKG size. Manage PPV / PPC
- Create & Manage Supplier blanket PO’s and quantity contracts.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Effectively facilitates through conflict to ensure listening and adherence and support differences of opinions
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of manufacturing materials experience including direct support of manufacturing product planning value streams and scheduling
- Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of 2- 5 years’ experience,
- AAS degree with a minimum of five years’ experience
- 2-5 years’ experience using continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- A comprehensive understanding of production planning and scheduling
- Experience in Project Management Strong MS Excel skills SAP Business System Experience Preferred
Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity
Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity
Teamwork: collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives
Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment
Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data.
Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution.
- Hands-on experience with most of the following Lean / Problem solving tools: DMAIC, Lean, voice of the customer, benchmarking, quality function deployment, control charts, standardized work, etc.
- Charts the Course
- Drives Innovation and Growth
- Leads Through DBS / DMS
- Builds People, Teams, and Organizations
- Acts with Integrity
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: IND000498