Danaher Corporation Production Supervisor in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Find what drives you on a team with a 70 year history of being recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our portfolio is broad, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy, our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join us!
* Responsible for supervision within a union environment in one of our eight internal departments within Pall Cortland (approx. 10 to 50 employees depending on areas).
* Define daily/weekly production plans for all shifts for departments responsible for, while collaborating with their respective Materials Planner. * Lead daily management to drive sustainable, continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Productivity, and On Time Delivery that support KPI’s.
* Report necessary counter-measures and action plans while demonstrating Problem Solving Process (PSP).
* Maximize the performance of Department by using the DBS tools as it relates to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, & Productivity.
* Champion an environment of teamwork and associate engagement while embracing the Danaher leadership anchors. * Develop, sustain & document training programs for all dept. associates.
* Collaborate with the Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Mgt., Maintenance, Facilities R&D and other Operations teams to meet business metrics and customer needs.
* Analyze backlog trends and order rate fluctuations to resolve staffing or machinery needs. * Ensure a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and company policies & and safety equipment is maintained and effectively used. * Ensure that environmental regulations and good practices are adhered to. * Must be able to work independently with little supervision. * Collaborate with union and effectively work to resolve labor disputes expeditiously with uniformity and consistency of application. Promote labor-management collaborative working relationship.
* Lead day and off-shift operations and on-call responsibilities, including weekend shift coverage rotations
* Other duties as assigned
* * Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or equivalent work experience leading direct reports for (5) years.
* Experience in direct support of manufacturing product value streams
* Prefer 2 years of experience using continuous improvement tools and methodologies * Solid understanding and utilization of all MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) * Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity * Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), extraordinarily good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity * Teamwork: collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives * Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment * Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and focused methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution. Hands-on experience with most of the following Lean / Problem solving tools: DMAIC, Lean, voice of the customer, benchmarking, quality function deployment, control charts, standardized work, etc.
* Leadership Anchor Requirements:
* Charts the Course * Drives Innovation and Growth * Leads Through DBS * Builds People, Teams, and Organizations * Acts with Integrity
- Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: IND001196