Danaher Corporation Quality Engineer in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Assures the quality of processes and products by performing audits, inspections, tests, defect analysis, trend analysis, programming & troubleshooting inspection equipment, calibration maintenance, and reporting on results of measurement standards. Assures consistent quality of suppliers and production by validating processes; providing documentation from measurement analysis, and helping departments understand the interpretation of collected data. Jobs that provide engineering technical support in this field should be assigned to this job family.
- Lead and coordinate customer quality complaint resolution with manufacturing plant.
- Direct interface to customer to retrieve accurate complaint information.
- Arrange samples for manufacturing plant analysis.
- Register complaints in Pilgrim, track and closure.
- Lead the manufacturing plant for root cause investigation.
- Review CAPA from manufacturing plant to determine the robustness. Work with manufacturing plant to define customer acceptable CAPA.
- Review 8D from manufacturing plant. Customize customer version of 8D (in local language if needed) report.
- Understand & filter sensitive and IP related information.
- Present 8D report directly to customer (face to face if possible).
- Work with manufacturing plant for any follow up requests and data from customer.
- Ensure closure of complaints.
- Direct interface to customer to retrieve accurate information.
- Provide speedy responses to customers based on his/ her knowledge about the manufacturing.
- Work with manufacturing plants to provide the appropriate responses to customers.
- If needed, arrange samples to manufacturing plants or SLS for analysis.
- Provide responses or presentation directly to customers (face to face if needed).
- Coordinate with the manufacturing site to provide proper responses to customer survey or self-assessment.
- If any previous survey & self-assessment, he or she should attempt to fill in the survey or self-assessment as much as possible before reaching out to manufacturing plant.
- If the survey or self-assessment involves multiple manufacturing plants, he or she needs to consolidate and compile as one Pall’s response.
- Work with individual manufacturing plant to implement QMS improvement requests from customers. Provide appropriate responses to customers if implementation is not feasible.
- Work with manufacturing plants and Corporate E.H.S & Legal Team to provide declarations or responses to customers on regulatory compliance issues, such as EICC, RoHS, REACH & EPA.
- If the survey or declaration involves multiple manufacturing plants, he or she needs to consolidate and compile as one Pall’s response.
- Understand the changes from the manufacturing site or project owner.
- Work with Sales Team to customize a suitable customer notification package or White Paper.
- Presentation to customer (face to face if possible).
- Follow up on further customer requested info. and data.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge in statistical tools (such as SPC, MSA, Pareto, ANOVA etc.) and quality tools (such as FMEA, Cause and Effect Diagram, 8D etc.).
- Proficient in software such as PowerPoint, Excel, Minitab, etc.
- Excellent in English communication skill both in speaking and writing. Additional language (such as Japanese or Chinese) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard and certified QMS auditor will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 2 years’ experience in a Quality Engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Customer quality or manufacturing quality experience is an added advantage.
- 2 year knowledge of SPC with validating control charts and interpreting results and make recommendations to improve.
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: PAL002349