Danaher Corporation Senior Buyer (Supply Chain Management) in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
To Lead, Develop and Implement Advanced Sourcing Strategies that will drive Direct and Indirect Cost Savings. Follow Procurement Best Practices, Programs and Procedures in a very Dynamic, Project-Based, Custom Engineered Environment.
- Advanced negotiation and purchase of various components and commodities including complex commodities such as fabricated parts, pressure vessels, structural skids, final assembly, rotating equipment and buyout equipment
- Reviews requisitions and Engineering releases for completeness to ensure items quoted are a match
- Develop RFP's and RFQ's to support engineering specifications and project requirements
- Cost Data Management - Ensure the most accurate and up to date material costs are updated and communicated across the business
- Supplier Management – Ensure that suppliers are being evaluated on their performance and when required they are committed to and making improvements. Interviews, recommends and selects vendors/suppliers using an established supplier qualification process.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Accurately maintain Project Procurement Plans and Project Materials Budgets
- Annual Cost Reduction Programs - develop a strategic plan to manage the total spend of specific categories and drive continual cost reduction
- Annual Supply Agreements – develop and implement master suppler agreements for responsible categories
- Commodity Teams - Participate with other Pall / Danaher entities, locations and employees to consolidate multiple business center discretionary volumes and use this leverage to negotiate further cost reductions on specific categories
- Ensure the adherence to all required Pall compliance programs and policies
- Value Analysis Programs - Engage other business disciplines and vendors to develop methods of cost reduction through the use of new materials and designs
- Has the ability to understand and effectively prioritize workload
- Coach and mentor other Buyers within the Supply Chain Department as required
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Must possess the capability of managing a global supply base and must also have the ability to travel internationally
Assists Purchasing Manager in the following areas:
Guidance & support of the purchasing staff. Development of training initiatives for equipment/products purchased. Help identify & implement business improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Business or Supply Chain Management with 5 to 7 years Procurement experience
- Prefer ISM certification or commitment to pursue on a yearly basis
- Experience working with Applications & Project Engineers in a project environment.
- Experience procuring custom engineered equipment.
- MRP / ERP materials planning system experience. SAP experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: SHA000703