Danaher Corporation Senior Operations Manager in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Manage and oversee the direct manufacturing operations in terms of safety, quality, productivity, on-time delivery to external customers with the intent of implementing DBS & DMS as part of continuous improvement and leading results, under the oversight and guidance of the Plant Manager to achieve sustainable plant goals.
* Effectively drive and mentor Danaher Business Systems (DBS), while championing an environment of teamwork and associate engagement
* Lead and engage employees during Kaizens to drive continuous improvements
* Lead daily management to drive sustainable, continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Productivity, On Time Delivery, and materials management.
* Maximize productivity and manufacturing efficiency of production
* Partner with matrix directors/managers for Quality, HR and Finance support
* Manage cost, quality, schedule, inventory and health, safety & environmental activities for the location
* Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the supervisory team
* Identify and implement strategic opportunities to drive cost reductions / productivity improvements in manufacturing operations
* Manage the Performance and Development Process for all direct reports, including providing coaching and development opportunities that will allow each individual’s potential to be maximized and used effectively
* Ensure the shipment goals, business goals, customer requirements and production plans are achieved and that manufacturing capacity meets the sales plans
* Set clear goals and provide an example to manufacturing employees by conduct, appearance and behavior
* Working with other Managers and site leaders to ensure that the production employees are organized, trained and supervised
* Effective capacity planning measures to maintain headcount, overtime, factory expenses and fiscal budgets to goals as set by the Plant Manager
* Ensure a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and company policies and safety equipment is maintained and effectively used
* Ensure that environmental regulations and good practices are adhered to
* Verify that all employees conduct business in a manner that complies with company policy
* If applicable, understand and adhere to all requirements of commercial and government contracts
* Lead by Example to all employees by conduct, appearance, and behavior
* Must be able to work independently with little supervision
* Effectively communicates requirements using a team approach to accomplish goals and objectives of the business
* Develops work cells for product families which challenge union and office employees to develop state-of-the-art processes while using such items as on-line process information, cross functional job descriptions and Kanban.
* Provides input for capital expenditures for new equipment and facilities. Prepares and adherers to departmental budgets for variable and non-variable sections of the P&L
* Serves as the focal point within the areas of responsibility for issues as they related to the labor contract. Responsible for resolving labor disputes expeditiously with uniformity and consistency of application. Promotes labor-management collaborative working relationship.
* Effectively facilitates through conflict to ensure listening and adherence and support differences of opinions * Lead day and off-shift operations and on-call responsibilities, including weekend shift coverage rotations * Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge: * Exceptional leadership, team building skills & focus on developing a safety culture * Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, in addition to being results oriented, creative and self-motivated are required * Demonstrated safety leadership capabilities and knowledge and experience
Qualifications: * Bachelor of Science degree in business, engineering or other related discipline preferred or comparable work experience. * 5 years of previous experience managing a smaller plant or experience leading a business unit of $10M within a large plant
Additional Qualifications: * Experience working with a unionized workforce * Experience with successful implementation of Continuous Improvements, Lean Manufacturing principles and practices, and have strong understanding CI tools and techniques along with experience of demonstrating sustained results * Thorough understanding of the inter-relationship between manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality and purchasing with exposure in all of these areas Preferred Requirements: * Experience with primary oversight of operations, manufacturing, materials and quality management preferred
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: PRO000321