Danaher Corporation Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, Texas
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will lead a team of cross disciplined sales executives, including but not limited to, Territory Sales Executives, Product Sales Executives and other Sales Specialists, who work within a team selling environment to increase sales revenue through market penetration and promotion of Beckman Coulter Diagnostics portfolio of products. The RSM will lead sales executives through long sales campaigns with hospitals and laboratories within their defined region. The RSM will also contribute to larger strategic opportunities including corporate accounts, government accounts, national accounts and IDN opportunities in partnership with sales executives and managers leading those campaigns.
- Lead team and ensure sales standard work is followed within pods. Accountable for driving adoption and use of account plans (sales standard work). Regularly reviews account plans for quality and ensures team is accountable to the action plan.
- Act as Advisor/Coach/Consultant and empowers team to create/drive/own account strategy. Has accountability to action plans and removes obstacles preventing account management success.
- Attends/contributes to the Top 10 account business reviews for their region. Drives adoption and use of Business Review sales standard work (SSW). Develop relationship with top 10 accounts in region and ensures alignment with service.
- Provides consulting/coaching on pricing strategy. Approves proposal with margin acceptability, deal structure.
- Owns core growth for sales region including: establishing regional strategy, communicating plan and driving accountability of team. Countermeasures gaps.
- Select, coach, train and develop sales representatives in building a strong, progressive, and motivated work team as well as providing team leadership
- Accurately forecasts sales for region. Owns presentation of dashboard metrics on weekly pod calls. Drives adoption of SFDC as a vital tool to manage business.
- Implements a personal business plan designed to achieve established annual sales and financial goals. Drives countermeasures where gaps occur. Reviews the business plans of associates and coaches to gaps regularly.
- Attends IDN Summit. Participates in IDN Account Plan creation and development. Provides support to the IDN Manager on building and executing IDN strategy. Ensures delegated tasks are completed on time for self and team members.
- Owns Growth War Room presentation and implements countermeasures for “red” metrics. Provides post War Room feedback to the region.
- Field travel averages 3 days/week to coach sales associates on sales process and account management.
* 9 years of diagnostics sales experience (with 3 years in management preferred) * BS/BA degree, MBA degree preferred * Strong competitive spirit and results orientation and relentless customer focus. * High potential sales performer with a solid track record of career progression and runway to develop further with a history of driving for results; demonstrated track record of sales growth, customer experience and market share growth. * Relentlessly attracts, engages and develops people; can cultivate teams quickly and build strong relationships by establishing significant credibility, trust and support within their team, customers, as well as being able to develop strong followership within the commercial organization. * Strong negotiation and commercial skills; can support team and work at high levels within customer decision making unit to negotiate complex deals which are profitable to the company and in line with revenue and margin objectives. * Outstanding interpersonal skills and executive presence with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danaher; is able to influence strongly cross-functionally within the organization and at customer sites, gaining buy-in and engagement * Excellent process orientation with a proven track record of leading sustainable change and continuous improvement. * Has both strategic and tactical capabilities, can analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses, create winning sales strategies and be hands on and help execution at detailed level when targets missed.
Technical Competencies (Skill, Abilities and Capabilities): * Strong track record of sales success selling a broad portfolio of products to laboratories & different medical specialties * Strong communications and human relations skills * Ability to sell technically complex products * Expertise with demand creation * Experience with customer base within territory is a plus * Strengths in networking and relationship development * Strong oral and written communications skills * Some formal sales messaging experience such as SPIN Selling * Strong time and territory management skills * Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications * Skilled using CRM applications such as Salesforce.com or Microsoft CRM
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-TX-Dallas
Req ID: BEC013440