Danaher Corporation Strategic Buyer (m/f) in Darmstadt, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Laetus is the industry leader in inline quality control solutions for the pharmaceutical, medical technology and FMCG industries. Our experience of more than 40 years plays an integral part in the development of Secure Track & Trace Solutions - reliable modular packaging and supply chain control solutions. As part of the Danaher Group, a global multinational science and technology innovator with over 62,000 associates worldwide, we offer exciting global development opportunities few other companies can duplicate. Come join our winning team!
- Devise and deploy appropriate sourcing strategies to maximise opportunities for cost reduction, supply chain performance and product innovation
- Identify and establish long-term relationships with suppliers located within low-cost regions to drive optimised cost and supply position
- Utilise Danaher and PID (Danaher Product Identification platform) soucing knowledge and common suppliers to optimise cost and supply position
- Establish and maintain daily / weekly / monthly Daily Management and Standard Work Processes in line with DBS (Danaher Business System) best practice tools and techniques
- Identify and mitigate risk within supply chain via a risk management programme
- Maintain and develop a supply base optimised for innovation, market liquidity and associated overhead to ensure it’s ongoing performance management
- Set performance standards for suppliers and establish an ongoing supplier development programme accordingly
- Provide support to NPI teams to enable the rapid and effective implementation of new products into manufacturing
Who we are looking for:
- Work experience within a manufacturing based purchasing role, ideally within an OEM environment, with expertise in key commodities, including metal fabrication, PCBAs and machined parts.
- Experience in sourcing from low cost regions such as, Eastern Europe China and India.
- Work with multi-disciplined teams to deliver real results in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced in leading negotiations, will have implemented contracts and supplier agreements.
- Indirect procurement experience would be desirable
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Self-motivated and Team Player
- Good at building relationships with suppliers
Why join us?
- Wide scope of responsibility and a variety of tasks allowing you to make a real impact on the company’s success
- A dynamic and ambitious team working in an excellent atmosphere
- Attractive compensation package with diverse health promotion offers
- Global development opportunities
Become part of a rapidly growing technology driven firm providing chances of international development!
In your cover letter, please include your earliest possible start date and salary expectations.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Hessen-Darmstadt
Req ID: LAE000066