Danaher Corporation Data Privacy Leader, Life Sciences Platform (m/w/d) in Duesseldorf, Germany
The Data Privacy Leader (“DP Leader”) will ensure compliance with internal Data Privacy (DP) policies and external regulations for all Life Sciences Operating Companies. The DP Leader will be the key owner, expert and go-to person for all DP related inquiries, incidents, audits, investigations, and education globally. The successful candidate will be comfortable setting overall strategy as well as working hands-on with all functions of the businesses to maintain a successful global DP program.
The Data Privacy Leader works under the supervision of the General Counsel (or another platform legal executive) and the Danaher Corporate Data Privacy Office, and partners directly with internal business partners throughout all Operating Companies (OpCo's) in the Life Sciences Platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
· In conjunction with the Danaher DPO, monitor current privacy laws, review changes to existing laws and monitor new global legislation
· Educate Platform and OpCo leaders and legal department colleagues on DP legislative initiatives and state and impact of regulations globally (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
· Assist with implementing and executing the Danaher DP action plan; design and maintain Platform and OpCo-specific DP action plans
· Build, train, and maintain a network of OpCo DP Pivots (non-legal business partners in functions such as Marketing and HR who support execution of the action plans)
· Support Marketing to implement consent and identity management solutions and monitor the implementation of these solutions
· Support Sales to negotiate privacy obligations and partner with Procurement to conduct due-diligence with third-party service providers; prepare and negotiate data protection agreements with third parties and affiliated companies’
· Ensure compliance with record and reporting obligations under all applicable DP regulations, specifically by maintaining a directory of data processing systems and workflows; coordinate completion of annual attestation by functional owners and/or management (ex. Attestor).
· Collect, investigate and advance DP incidents
· Capture, assess and respond to DP inquiries by external and internal data subjects.
· Liaise with external DPOs and DP advisers; register legal entities with local DP authorities where necessary
· Collaborate with works councils for associate related DP matters
· Assess and handle privacy risks throughout the mergers and acquisition process, and the integration of the Danaher/Platform Privacy Program into newly acquired businesses.
· Represent Life Sciences at Danaher DP Council and related meetings and conferences
· Audit OpCos for DP compliance; assist with responding to audits by DP authorities
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science required. J.D. or equivalent required. Qualified to practice law in the jurisdiction or the ability to obtain a license as needed for in-house practice.
English required. Any other versatile language (e.g., German, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese) a plus.
Numerous years of Data Privacy professional experience in a law firm or corporate legal/ compliance department setting; experience leading a data privacy function is a plus. Must have had responsibility for global or multi-national DP program(s) and must have experience with communication with DP authorities. The role also requires shown experience and successes with project management.
Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of a matrixed organization. Ability to work well as part of a team and possess the discipline to independently and proactively follow-up on matters. Must be well-organized, detailed and able to handle numerous projects and conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment. Must have strong MS Office skills and should have a strong interest in further developing skills and abilities.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Life Sciences Platform
Danaher`s Life Sciences Platform is a global leader that brings life-saving drugs to market by reducing cost and time to market. Our Life Sciences business provides products under a variety of brands, including Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, Cytiva, Pall, and Integrated DNA Technologies. Learn more at: https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/within-life-sciences
We are a Global Science and Technology Innovator. And we have a competitive advantage. One that has contributed to our long-term outperformance*. It’s not a secret. It’s the combination of our exceptional people empowered to lead change and improvement. We call it the Danaher Business System. It’s why we are established leaders in our served industries, consistently delivering superior results, and rising to the challenge time and time again. Learn more about who we are and what we do. Explore our unique culture, meaningful technologies and discover how we are helping realize life's potential – in ourselves and for the people we serve. Learn more at: jobs.danaher.com/global/en
*DHR Total Shareholder Return has exceeded the S&P 500 Equity Index return by more than 5,000% (from June 15, 1994- June 15, 2019).
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .