Danaher Corporation Operator II, Manufacturing in Eldridge, Iowa
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
The Operator II, Manufacturing role’s primary responsibility is to safely package containers, lend support to Blend Operator, and provide warehousing support as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Package various sizes of finished products into designated containers
- Place appropriate barcodes on finished products, identifying NCM material.
- Ensuring materials are available when needed. Pulling samples for Blend Operator and maintaining communication.
- Notify Production Foreman and Blend Operator of any problems.
- Coordinate information with other departments.
- Ensure all safety equipment is worn and put away.
- Check for accuracy of floor scales.
Ensure all hoses and other equipment is completely operational and clean.
Daily inspection of forklift and Heat Exchanger log
- Assist Production Lead with updating of inventory
- Maintain general housekeeping duties that provide for a neat, safe, and clean work area.
- Lock access points of entry, and turn on/off pumps.
- Back-up Blend Operator when necessary
- Other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical, Analytical skills and business knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
Organizational skills; Self-management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, familiar with OSHA and DOT regulations preferred.
Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Required to be medically cleared to wear a respirator and able to physically access each of the manufacturing operation’s areas to perform the essential job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
This is a specialty chemical blending and packaging facility where hazardous materials are present.
- Will be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
- Required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IA-Eldridge
Req ID: CHE001877