Danaher Corporation Sr Cell Line Development Scientist - Biologics in Fremont, California
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Our Biologics Program is focused on Cell Line Development for therapeutic or diagnostics antibody production and Synthetic Biology. Molecular Devices has a leadership position in several technologies in Cell Line Development including clone selection, imaging and antibody characterization. As part of Danaher, our team works together with teams at Beckman Coulter Life Sciences and Pall.
The position is part of the teamresponsible forthe Molecular Devices Program for Cell Line Development and Synthetic Biology. The candidate is a member of a R&D team and works with customers to define solutions that give Molecular Devices a unique position in this market.
Working with a cross-functionalteam,the qualified candidatewilldrive customer adoption of current solutions as well as drive innovation to address the rapid changes in this field. This includes participating and representing Molecular Devices at key scientific meetings through participation and giving presentations.
The right candidate can drive product development to further grow the position of Molecular Devices in this market and to identify and present innovative application ideas base on latest scientific findings to build value around the bioproduction product portfolio
Skills and Specifications:
- Exhibitsdemonstrated expertknowledge of Cell Line Development for protein expression.
- Able to understand analytics required to test hypotheses allowing for advancement of cell line and processes engineering technology.
- Has demonstrated ability to work with scientists and engineers
- Has strong scientific curiosity
- Is results driven
- Effectively communicates (verbal and written) new insight and ideas with cross-functional team.
- Equally strong communication skills to interface with researchers in the life scienceand pharmaceutical/biotechcommunities.
- Efficiently works under pressureanddeadlines, and worksto complete assigned tasks on time and on budget.
- Able to respond to changes in process, responsibility, or assignment quickly without losing sight of the overall goal.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Metrics-driven individual that thinks about measurement of progress
* Advanced degree (Master’sdegree minimum, PhD preferred) in Life Science, Biology, Microbiology or related subject with hands-on knowledge of cell biology and cell analysis techniques and applications. * Prefer3 toyears experiencein Cell Line Development. Market, customer and technology knowledge in the field of cell line development and/or synthetic biology. * Experience and knowledge working with mammalian cell cultures and / or bacterial cell cultures. * A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ industry experience (biopharmaceutical and bio-engineering) * Ability to communicate verbal and written effectively * Experience in planning and conducting voice of customer (VoC) studies to align with customers’ needs to drive product specifications. * Proven record of public scientific presentations * Preferred experience in label-free technology.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Fremont
Req ID: MOL002003