Danaher Corporation Business Analyst Web, E-Commerce and data integrations in Ghent, Belgium
Danaher Company Description
Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.In our factory we produce high-quality cutting tables, which offer an all-round cuttion solution for any application: from sign making, display production, sample making and short to medion rum corrugated production.
The IT Digital team implements Web- and E-Commerce solutions and data integration between IT systems to support various business departments in Esko. To strengthen the team we are looking for abusiness analyst.
As abusiness analystyou act as a liaison between business and IT delivery in order to understand, challenge and describe the business needs and follow up on the technical delivery. Responsible for the end functional design, the description of the business requirements and functional specifications to support the development of appropriate solutions based on Sitecore and Microsoft .NET.
- Pro-actively builds and documents business knowledge in the areas of the Esko marketing website, digital marketing, e-commerce platform, data integrations betwee various IT systems
- Challenges & translates the business needs into business requirements in line with business processes, the systems capabilities & guidelines
- Analyses and defines the optimal solution taking into account the business objectives and the technical constraints, thereby liaising with the business stakeholders, the lead business analyst and the application developers.
- Describes the functional specifications for new functionality and enhancements in the IT solutions
- Presents solutions to the lead business analyst and collaborates with business stakeholders for approval
- Defines the test strategy and describes the acceptance criteria related to the business requirements
- Commits on the priorities and timelines for tasks related to projects and change requests
- Closely collaborates with the off-shore team which develops application functionality based on these requirements. Reviews quality of work packages which have been delivered by the offshore development team
- Performs initial user acceptance testing on delivered functionality. Collaborates for further user acceptance testing with business stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an IT or business function strongly related to requirements gathering, system configuration or solutions development
- Experience in understanding and analysing business processes in the context of IT solutions.
- Experience in business requirements gathering and modelling using proven techniques such as user stories, use cases
- Experience working with an off-shore development team is considered a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL is very beneficial
- You are proficient in English. Proficiency in Dutch is useful but not required, as we are interbational company with a diverse and multinational staff
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Belgium-VOV-Ghent
Req ID: ESK002828