Danaher Corporation Finance Governance & Compliance Manager in Ghent, Belgium
Danaher Company Description
Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.In our factory we produce high-quality cutting tables, which offer an all-round cuttion solution for any application: from sign making, display production, sample making and short to medion rum corrugated production.
*Main role / Job Objective: *
The Finance Governance and Compliance Manager will drive a general culture of compliance in the global finance and sales operations through the policy sustainment, pro-active communication, trainings and updates, periodic controls and balance sheet reviews, internal and external audit coordination and regular follow-ups on identified control weaknesses to enhance the overall control environment
*Main responsibilities and key activities: *
Internal controls & compliance
- Generally responsible for the definition, assurance and/or optimization around the Internal Controls and the US-GAAP accounting compliance (DHR accounting policy, Esko accounting policy, CAPEX, Revenue Recognition, Leasing Standard, etc.) globally;
- Subject matter expert in accounting and internal finance policies, including but not limited to the Revenue recognition and Lease accounting;
- Drive for implementation of the best-in-class financial processes and general internal controls across Esko global operations;
- In charge of the definition, assurance and/or optimization of the SOX and Internal Control Framework globally through accounting/finance policies, SOPs, back up documentation in alignment with the DHR finance/accounting policies;
- In charge of the annual Balance Sheet review process covering all Esko legal entities globally (planning, execution, open issue tracking) and Danaher (DHR) internal audit coordination;
- He or she will work very closely with the local Esko finance teams, DHR Internal audit, DHR Finance teams and statutory / group auditors to track global statutory reporting deadlines and coordinate the external audit work;
- He or she has the oversight and coordination role of DHR enterprise-wide risk initiatives, including the Anti-Corruption Program and the Enterprise Risk Management.
Controlling and reporting * Support the implementation of new accounting policies and standards; * Participate in month-end closing process and related activities; * Any other ad hoc accounting/internal controls related responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
* Master degree in Economics/Finance or equivalent; * Minimum 5 years experience in internal or external audit and/or controlling in an international environment. Big Four Experience is an advantage; * Knowledge and experience with the US GAAP; * SOX experience, specifically with 404 and 302; * Fluent in English (oral and written), proficiency in other languages is an advantage; * IT-minded and affinity with optimizing financial processes; * Strong analytical skills; * Proficiency in Advanced Excel & other IT reporting tools; * Willing to travel globally (up to 20-25% of time). * High energy and drive, positive and constructive attitude and mindset; * Ability to work in fast-moving environment, under time pressure and meeting deadlines; * Excellent communication and interpersonal interaction, team player; * Business minded; * Hands-on mentality; take charge; * Innovative thinking; * Adaptability to changes in the organization; * Self-driven and result oriented, ability to work independently and under pressure.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Belgium-VOV-Ghent
Req ID: ESK003187