Danaher Corporation HR Director/ Global HR Business Partner in Ghent, Belgium
Danaher Company Description
Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.In our factory we produce high-quality cutting tables, which offer an all-round cuttion solution for any application: from sign making, display production, sample making and short to medion rum corrugated production.
The Opportunity * * As Global HR Business Partner you are responsible for providing the full range of HR support and partnership to our business, to create a world class organization to meet strategic and annual growth objectives. You will also act as the HR Director for Europe, taking ownership for Works Councils, Unions. Within the Global HR Team, you will play a critical role in building a strong HR team, that provides valuable and consistent support to people leaders and associates. An important starting point will be to strengthen standard work HR processes.
Esko is going through multiple transitions. We recently acquired a global business, BLUE, to further strengthen our BRANDS organization. A new president has been appointed to lead Esko’s future growth. This period of continuous change sets the context in which strong HR partnership is required to support organizational transformation in the best way possible. Esko HR is also undergoing a transformation. The goal is to deliver best in class HR services to associates and people leaders, timely, accurate and consistently. These transformations at multiple level also require a flexible and hands-on mindset from you.
What we’ll ask of you:
Lead the HR Business Partner team for the non-commercial side of our business, to support growth of Esko. Functions include global R&D and Engineering, Product Management, Operations & Manufacturing (multi-site), DBS, Finance and IT. In this role you will be the HRBP of 4 VP’s of the global Esko Leadership Team. You will provide support related to organizational development, talent development, succession planning, training, compensation & benefits.
As the HR Director for Europe you will also have responsibility to develop and implement local programs and processes that span across all functions (including Sales & Service), with a special focus on our global HQ in Ghent. You will do this in close partnership with the other members of the Global HR Team. You will also lead a small, global team of HR professionals (HRBP’s, L&D, …) and be able to leverage HR resources at local sites via a dotted line.
Specific responsibilities include: * Co-develop and implement strategic HR priorities in support of the business strategy and annual business objectives * Lead all employee/labor relations initiatives * Provide coaching support to senior leaders, managers and associates * Manage day to day employee and labor relations matters. Provide consulting regarding the interpretation and application of HR policies and processes * Lead Organization and Talent Assessment processes for your client group. * Manage salary planning, performance management and merit planning process * Facilitate and deliver training per the needs of the business * Ensure compliance with employment laws * Use Danaher Business System tools to streamline and enhance HR processes. * Build and develop HR team * Ensure high quality maintenance and accuracy of associate files and HRIS database (Workday) * Support Merger and Acquisition activities by executing due diligences and providing support to the M&A project team
Experience and/or Education * Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business management. MBA or Masters degree in related field is preferred. * At least 10 years of progressive HR experience; Fortune 500 company environment preferred. * At least 3 years of experience in leading a small team. * Solid knowledge of labor law in Europe, especially Belgium. * Hands on experience with HR systems (Workday experience is strongly preferred). * An impeccable focus on customers dealing with associates and people leaders. * Experience in organizational design, talent acquisition and talent management is required. Personal Characteristics and Traits * * The ideal candidate should possess the executive presence and business acumen to partner effectively with Senior Management within Esko. The candidate will interface with associates and People Leaders at all levels across Esko and must be able to advise, partner with, and adeptly manage relationships at all levels.
- Excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills. Transparent. Can create the right message for a specific audience. Able to negotiate and find “win/win” solutions while maintaining relationships and consistency.
- Results Orientation – strong drive to deliver accurate and timely results and get the job done. Process oriented, hands-on and a “do what it takes” attitude.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – always learning, willing to take risks, striving to improve is a part of your DNA
- High Energy and Initiative —highest work ethic and passion to excel. Takes initiative to overcome obstacles and can handle a degree of ambiguity.
- Executive Presence – must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – team player who can effectively create and lead a team and work with HR and with the business. Contributes in a positive way to the team dynamic of the overall Esko HR team.
- High level of Integrity. Has humility to continually learn and focus on results despite challenges.
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time. What we offer: * * You’ll have strong potential for career progression within Danaher’s large family of world-class companies. You will work together with a great team of specialists within Danaher. You’ll learn and become highly skilled in the powerful Danaher Business System. We take professional development of our associates seriously. Our people have a passion for results, high performance and continuous improvement, where our associates are transformed personally and professionally – Danaher is a unique company, where there are “Great People Doing Extraordinary Things.”
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Human Resources
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Belgium-VOV-Ghent
Req ID: ESK003137