Danaher Corporation Software support engineer in Ghent, Belgium
Danaher Company Description
Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan. In our factory we produce high-quality cutting tables, which offer an all-round cutting solution for any application: from sign making, display production, sample making and short to medium rum corrugated production.
It’s 8.30am; you arrive at the office, a colleague next to you is already at the phone with a customer; he prefers to start earlier, no problem as we have flexible starting hours between 8-9am CET. You hear him talking about Automation Engine being down, the customer cannot produce. The heat is on!
Supporting our customers solving their doubts, questions, problems with Esko software products gives you satisfaction. Ideally you have a background in the graphical industry to have a thorough understanding of the workflows and problems customers encounter.
You are not frightened to learn (part of) the Esko software portfolio, moreover, you love to keep on learning, growing in the job. With the broad product range and the frequent new version releases - and even new product launches - it will be an endless growth path!
This particular, continuous learning environment keeps you awake, motivated and engaged; a monotonous job would bore you out. You adore dynamic environments.
However, you don’t stand alone! We expect a lot of independent learning from you, nevertheless, you get supported by internal trainings, our knowledge base, our second line support team, the R&D teams, and even by product coaches. Perhaps one day you grow into a product coach role or move to second line support; the possibilities are various.
Can you make us happy with you onboard?
- You have a good knowledge of Esko software products in order to guarantee a professional case handling
- You have in depth knowledge about the products and markets you support
- You have a good knowledge about customer´s workflow and business
- You are analytical and solution oriented and you considr yourself creative in finding workarounds
- You have basic IT skills: networking, Mac and Windows OS
- Processing a basic knowledge about related products, 3rd party, competitive solutions is a plus
- You have excellen language skills in English and one or more local languages
- You have good time and priority management skills, you are able to identify urgent problems and act consequently
- You possess excellent communication skills and like to talk and listen to customers
- You are empathic - the customer´s problem is your problem
- You are a team player, sharing knowledge with colleagues and helping when needed
- You are flexible towards opening hours, standby, occasional customer visits etc.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Belgium-VOV-Ghent
Req ID: ESK002959