Danaher Corporation Oil and Gas Technician in Gillette, Wyoming
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
ChemTreat’s sales support opportunities are specific to the Oil and Gas industry in applications of Production, Midstream, produced water, SWD, and industrial water treatment. This water treatment technical representative position is focused on maintaining and expanding business base by maximizing the profitability of assigned customer accounts. Individuals are required to recommend and apply basic water treatment applications and solutions, as well as communicate program results to ChemTreat Account Managers and customers.
Qualified individuals in this role are expected to offer professional and high-quality customer and technical services at all times to customers. Further, they need to have familiarity with performing basic water testing, taking measurements, documenting results through reports, and sharing quantitative data with customers.
- Regularly perform water and oil analysis and engage in advanced problem-solving to apply the appropriate chemical solutions and monitor effects for additional treatment
- Focus on performing required services, as dictated by contractual obligations
- Consistently calibrate pumps and perform repairs that restore chemical feeds
Monitor product feed rates and their relative impact on the water and oil samples and make necessary adjustments to treatment program when gaps are detected
Provide technical guidance and instruction to junior technicians
- Enter results into software program and communicate results utilizing service reports
- Assist in water-related system improvement projects
- Monitor product inventories
- Utilize and maintain company equipment in good, clean condition
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical skills, Analytical skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of company product portfolio and application uses
- Ability to work with only limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new operating systems
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
Educational &Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
2-5 years of experience in water treatment, chemical or hydrocarbon industries
Travel dependent on size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules * Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** Working Conditions & Environment:
- The employee is required to use ear plugs for hearing protection and all required PPE
- The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment for deliveries and occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization * Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat’s field and leadership teams
Equal Opportunity Employer/ADA:
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
This job description reflects the general nature and scope of the position. This is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WY-Gillette
Req ID: CHE001893