Danaher Corporation Setup Specialist, Powder Injection Molding (PIM) Department (2nd Shift) in Glendora, California
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
SUMMARY: Be an integral part of the Metal Injection Molding Focused Factory. Associates at this level are trained in all areas of the department and must meet the basic qualifications of the job description. Ensure all products adhere to Ormco’s QDIP goals (Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands-on work to setup molds on multiple molding machines, including but not limited to, changing molds using hoist, changing end-of-arm tool on Pick-n-Place robots, generating first articles, purging and switching materials, managing multiple programs in the controller, etc.
- Manage in-line production by verifying dimensions and visual product attributes through inspection (eye loupes, microscopes, etc.).
- Fine tune molding parameters and adjustments to robot programming to ensure consistent product quality.
- Be the point person for identifying and troubleshooting molding problems and work with engineering team to distinguish between process issues and mold issues.
- Clean and maintain work areas, tools and molds in order to maximize equipment downtime through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 5S.
- Communicate and collaborate with area leads/supervisors, engineering team, tool room and maintenance.
- Identify and implement improvement projects to increase molding output, operator productivity, and product yields.
Be involved in other processes within the Focused Factory such as loading furnaces, running analytical testers (density/viscosity/chemical), performing inline quality checks, etc.
Provide production updates and support problem solving on Daily Management key performance indicators (KPIs), including delivery, quality, and productivity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Good understanding of injection molding concepts, i.e. scientific molding, process control, filling vs. pack/hold.
- Keen eye sight and comfortable working with microscopes and small, delicate parts
- Good communication skills, be able to describe technical issues in concise and accurate ways.
- Ability to understand and interpret 2D engineering drawings, particularly tight product tolerances
- Good understanding of molding machines operations in general. Ability to identify the function of each component in the molding process. i.e. screw and barrel, check-ring, heating zones, thermolators.
- Familiar and comfortable with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Process improvement oriented.
- Experience in general shop floor practices, 5S, tidiness and cleanliness.
- Experiences in FDA regulated shop environment a plus.
- Experience with robotics or automation systems a plus.
Minimum High School graduate. Associate degree or technical certification grad a plus, molding background preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will load material into machines utilizing stepstools and/or ladders.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Loud production environment (if required).
- Exposure to solvents, oils, lubricants, plastic material fumes, ground glass, flammable & hazardous materials.
- While performing the duties of this job, will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time (8 hours per day).
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Glendora
Req ID: ORM001137