Danaher Corporation Technical Applications Scientist II in Seoul,
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
• Provide technical support for Pall technologies (Biopharm).
• To use this expertise to develop and support customer processes.
• Other aspects of support include, but are not limited to, technical training, technical presentations, troubleshooting of processes and field trials.
Essential Job Functions:
Technical support (50%)
Provide technical support for Biotech products. This will include some or all of the following:
• Feasibility assessments
• Filterability studies
• Scale up/scale down testing , Field trials
• Sizing and Compatibility recommendations
• Trouble shooting customer complaints and field investigations
• Operator/Customer training and seminars
• Paid technical services, e.g. Technical training, etc.
• Technical Consultation, e.g. validation services, Process optimization, etc.
• Potential coaching of junior staff
Project work (40%)
Take responsibility for assigned projects of moderate complexity, typically in only selected areas of coverage
• Perform role of a project manager, to ensure projects assigned are completed in a timely manner.
• Prepare trial proposals/protocols based on information supplied by customer. Confirm customer acceptance.
• Lead technical discussions with key customers.
• Raise laboratory requests for any test work to be performed. Perform laboratory requests if required.
• Interpret laboratory data and prepare specific test reports. Confirm customer acceptance.
• Close out of project reports and present results to customers face to face.
Maintain close customer liaison during projects. This will involve some or all of the following:
• Update customer of project status in particular if there are problems/issues with the project.
• Answer customer technical questions in a timely manner.
• Travel to customer sites for technical meetings or to perform field trial work.
• Give presentations and trainings to operators, engineers, and potential heads of departments.
Establish project priorities and decide appropriate action required to meet required target.
Schedule work into the laboratory in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager/Supervisor.
Update manager of status of assigned projects, including completion, delays or problems.
Report project progress (including time spent) using SLS Project Management database, as well as regular face to face meetings.
Supporting activities (10%)
Maintain up to date knowledge of current Biopharm (Biologicals, Vaccines, Proteins)/Pharmaceutical (Therapeutic Oral doses, Topical products, Ophthalmic products, Antibiotics, etc.) Active Product Ingredient processing technology and industry trends (PDA, ISPE, ACS, etc.), current regulatory trends (FDA/EMA/PIC/s, etc), issues and guidelines relating to the products being supported.
Take on ‘special’ projects as requested by management.
Develop expertise by regular communication with other Pall groups
Attend training courses as required
Take on ‘special’ projects as requested by management.
Assist with training of new staff.
Review and approve protocols and reports, if authorized.
Experience to be used anywhere in region (or global) if required
Local travel in Korea to customer sites is expected to be at least up to 30% of the time.
Oversea travel is expected if required.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Science/Engineering (E.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess engineering, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.), with 3-7 years relevant work experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 6-8 years relevant work experience.
• Honors degree or equivalent degree holders are desired (E.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess engineering, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.).
• Preferably from the current Pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical industry.
• Research, R&D and/or manufacturing experience is desired.
• Experience under GLP and/or GMP will be plus.
• Work independently and provide scientific analysis of data (able to apply a deep knowledge of scientific principles)
• Identify issues within a project and propose solutions based on current practices or ability to propose new ideas.
• Use independent judgment for individual daily tasks, require minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of laboratory techniques and measurement methods.
• Good written and verbal communication in Korean and English.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Self starter and self motivated.
• Conversant with PC based programmes.
• Work safely and comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
(Mandatory- Do not Remove)
• Prepared to work unsociable hours and travel in own time.
• Hold valid Korea driver’s license (where applicable)
• Hold current passport as will need to travel to other Pall sites and customer locations.
• Good communication skill in both Korean and English (good English speaking and writing skill)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-North Asia-Korea-Seoul
Req ID: BIO000557