Danaher Corporation Welders - Night Shift in Grand Island, Nebraska
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
We're Hiring Welders!
Annual Salary: $38,000
Shift Allowance: $0.75/hour
Work Hours: 4:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
Work Days: Monday - Thursday
Position Overview: This position is responsible for safely performing job functions at the highest level of quality in the processing of filter elements. It is also responsible for providing accurate paperwork and record keeping. Candidates must have the ability to use measuring and test equipment as required, follow all company rules and policies as well as OSHA/EPA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to perform high quality GMAW welding.
• Concise reporting of production issues to management.
• Material handling and identification.
• Prepare and maintain records as required.
• Prepare and build weld fixtures.
• Ability to read and understand complex work instructions.
• Ability to work from production schedules.
• Ability to accurately use measuring devices.
• Usage of personal protective equipment as required.
• Adhere to all Company policies.
• Assist other team members as instructed by your Team Leader or Supervisor.
• Element fabrication and welding experience.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings.
• Proficient in hand fusion welding strongly preferred.
• Knowledge and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Maintain an acceptable level of attendance (as measured by the Attendance Policy).
• Experience in the preparation and maintenance of records as required.
• Requires a high school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Experience in heavy manufacturing environment is desired.
• Able to read and understand written instructions.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Strong team attitude.
• Must demonstrate good mechanical skills and troubleshooting capability.
• Ability to read and understand written instructions.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on occasion.
• Ability to be accurate with measuring devices.
• Ability to weld and meet ASME welding requirements.
• Experience in like work centers.
• Experience in fusion welding stainless steel strongly preferred.
• Experience in fabrication and/or construction.
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Will be trained and certified on all aspects of the position. Training is typically conducted over a prescribed period of time and may require working at night. When and if training certification is required, it may consist of field hands-on training comprehension demonstrations. When and if training certification is required, the incumbent will be asked to renew his/her certification at regular intervals when or if lack of certification level knowledge is demonstrated. Must maintain a satisfactory level of certification when required.
Ability to lift and carry over 50 lbs. Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk, reach, squat, kneel, push and pull for long periods of time. Able to climb a ladder and flex the upper and lower body. Must be able to read and write simple statements. Able to analyze, memorize and conduct and comprehend simple mathematical tasks. Be able to make decisions and have sound judgment.
Must be able to work alone and around others. Be able to have verbal and face-to-face contact with others. Must be flexible to work various shifts, work hours, different days of the week and extended days. Able to work during daytime or nighttime. Must be able to withstand temperature changes, work under extreme heat or cold, confined spaces, inside and/or outside and around dirt, dust and/or hazardous chemical materials.
Each incumbent is assigned a pre-determined work schedule to follow by their Team Leader or Work Center Supervisor.
• This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the duties and responsibilities. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor.
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics that may be described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties/responsibilities of this job to include, but not limited to integrity, excellent customer service orientation, respect for others, leadership and communication skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
• Any requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
• Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty and responsibility proficiently.
• This description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. All employment relationships at Pall Corporation – Grand Island are “at will.”
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NE-Grand Island
Req ID: PAL002787