Danaher Corporation Director of Operations in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Danaher Company Description
X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
X-Rite, recognized as one of "West Michigan's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For", is seeking aDirector of Operationsto join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Director of Operations will set and lead the achievement of yearly operational and supply chain objectives for the Kentwood site. Responsible for managing and driving results for all areas of operations, including manufacturing, production planning and scheduling, and supply chain in support of safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost / productivity targets (S,Q,D,C). This specifically includes the continual implementation of lean manufacturing processes and growing our culture of associate engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Responsible for all areas of operations (manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, production scheduling/planning & facilities maintenance). • Owns the continual pursuit of a “Best in Class” culture of Associate Engagement. • Achieve yearly Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost targets through: • Effective and efficient Visual Daily Management • Effective and efficient Problem Solving using the Danaher Problem Solving Process • Action Plan development and execution • Effective leadership of formal review meetings including Level 2 KPI sessions • Build and develop a World Class Operations team capable of meeting current and future business objectives, to include providing mentoring, rigorous development planning and succession planning for the operations organization. • Lead the successful training, execution, and sustainment of Danaher Business System (DBS) activities to drive S,Q,D,C results. • Lead insourcing / outsourcing activities from the Kentwood site, as applicable. • Take the lead in developing well-functioning cross-departmental relationships and teams for the achievement of the business’s prioritized objectives. • Drive the year-over-year improvement in Employee Engagement Survey Results within areas of responsibility and across the entire site. Lead an effective communication plan in line with associate feedback VOC. • Administer company policies and procedures knowledgeably. • Lead the Performance Management and merit planning and execution process for associates of responsibility. • Drive for improved supplier performance (quality, delivery, lead times, inventory, and payment terms) through the development and execution of Strategic Commodity Plans, aligned with X-Rite in conjunction with the Strategic Purchasing & NPI team. • Lead, promote, and be an active participant in a variety of DBS tool Kaizen events. • Comfortable in the details and knowledgeable about the critical details, while comfortable driving systemic, prioritized activities for yearly goal achievement. • Develop and ensure monthly execution to yearly budgets. • Assist upper management in developing the yearly Strategic Plan in support of setting 3-5 year Operational and Supply Chain goals. • Plan and determine staffing requirements based on an understanding of goals and objectives. • Direct/Lead the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness & 4E. Continually upgrade, direct, comply with, and enforce Company safety programs and policies. • Maintain building, grounds, equipment, and facilities to provide and sustain a quality-working environment supportive of maximum efficiency, productivity, and return on investment. • Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE * • Undergraduate degree in Operations/Supply Chain Management or Engineering, required. MBA is desired.
• At least five years of manufacturing management experience within a low volume, high mix and metric driven environment, required. Prior Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean operations environment, required. • Prior experience with utilizing lean methodology and tools to improve operations, required. • Prior experience in directly managing multiple functions (manufacturing, supply chain, quality, logistics & facilities), required. • Experience setting and managing to budgets, required. • Demonstrated success in associate development & culture building preferred.
• The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in manufacturing management within metric driven, stretch goal environments with yearly improvement goals.
• Demonstrated success in developing and using Action Plans to achieve stretch goal yearly targets.
• Demonstrated success in using metric / Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review forums/meetings to drive accountability and execution through the team.
• Detailed understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and concepts with the leadership ability to drive their execution and sustainment.
• Demonstrated mastery of a variety of Lean Manufacturing Tools
• Success in managing through influence, persuasion, coaching and counseling.
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred. • Demonstrated aptitude of change management preferred. • Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment. • Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills. • Excellent leadership gravitas and followership. • Strong public speaking and presentation skills. • Demonstrated aptitude in organization development through a combination of effective talent planning, associate development, and “top grading,” when necessary. • Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes. Comfortable in a high technology, high complexity manufacturing environment. • Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MI-Grand Rapids
Req ID: X-R000924