Danaher Corporation Chief Engineer, Intral-Oral X-ray in Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
TheChief Engineerhas overall responsibility for technical system architecture design and integration across multiple complex intra-oral imaging development projects in an evolving Internet of Things environment. The Chief Engineer also looks outside the company and industry for new technologies that are potentially relevant to our products, evaluating and recommending new opportunities to technical and business stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Makes technical system architecture decisions on multiple complex new product development and engineering change projects.
* Leads the cross-functional engineering team in design and successful integration of the mechanical and electrical sub-systems, firmware/software, user interface and other system elements as required through all phases of the new product design lifecycle.
* Manages the Technology Roadmap for the product. Evaluates new technologies in dental imaging and adjacent industries from both the technical and business perspectives. Makes recommendations for internal development, partnership and open innovation technology opportunities.
* Works with and gains followership from engineering, marketing, technical support, operations, quality assurance, regulatory affairs and sales associates with infrequent direction from manager.
* Drives project team accountability to deliver on time, on spec and on cost while ensuring quality and reliability. Drives execution and continual improvement using Danaher Business System tools.
* Develops intimate knowledge of customer needs (internal and external) through Voice of Customer exercises.
* Manages relationships with key development partners. Participates in due diligence, contract negotiation and other confidential activities as required.
* Contributes to development of detailed project schedules and cost plans (for own work and by reviewing and challenging inputs of other team members).
* Leads root cause / countermeasure exercises in response to unforeseen events or obstacles. * Provides oversight for development and completeness of requirements (user needs, design inputs, epics, etc.) and other Design History File deliverables. * Designs for EMC and safety compliance to FDA, IEC, ISO and individual state and national agency requirements, as applicable. * Mentors engineering team members on design and rapid prototyping methodologies. * Innovates to improve outside of function. * Executes other duties, responsibilities and authorities as assigned and as described in Quality Management System process and work instruction documents.
EDUCATION: * Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university required. * Master’s Degree or Ph.D. preferred. * Advanced degree in Engineering Management (MEM) or Business Administration (MBA) preferred. EXPERIENCE: * 10 years of experience in medical device product development or a related field. * Experience in a formal tollgate product development team environment. * Knowledge of manufacturing concepts. * Experience with high voltage electronics. * Strong background in Design Control, DFM, DFR and GMP principles. * 5 years in a leadership capacity preferred. * Experience with X-ray source and detector technologies preferred. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. * Able to prioritize multiple projects and commit to deadlines. * Capable of communicating analytical results to a broad audience. * Capable of mastering the breadth and depth of technologies in our products. * Must be willing and able to work closely with other departments, peers, etc. * Ability to influence others, inform, convince and persuade others to action on key initiatives. * Ability to deliver results. * Possess proficiency to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms. *REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: * * Teamwork: Able to work closely with other departments, peers, etc. * Ability to influence others: Ability to inform, convince and persuade others to action on key initiatives. * Results orientation: Must deliver results. * Communication: Able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
Kavo Dental Technologies LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-PA-Hatfield
Req ID: KAV002226