Danaher Corporation Fast Impact Team Leader in Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
The Fast Impact Team Leader is responsible for all activities of the Fast Impact Team (FIT) in Hatfield. FIT projects include, but may not be limited to: feature enhancements, value analysis / value engineering (VAVE), obsolescence / end of life component replacement, regulatory compliance (in reaction to new or changed regulations and/or to open up new markets), line down resolution, quality improvement / PPM defect rate reduction, voice or customer / voice of process opportunities, etc. These projects directly impact customer satisfaction, revenue achievement and profitability, and are critical to the health and growth of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrate the Fast Impact project priority list (PPL)
- Receive requests for new projects and work with the requestor to develop the information needed for consideration
- Lead the recurring PPL review with all stakeholders. Accept new projects and add to the backlog; activate projects from the backlog in priority order as resources are available. Adjust priorities based on new or revised information.
- Ensure active projects are resourced according to priority.
- Lead the FIT team to execute active projects on time, on spec and on cost.
- Implement appropriate Visual Management tools from the Danaher Business System (DBS) to enable status tracking and reporting on active projects.
- Lead daily management meetings of the FIT team. Identify and help to resolve any obstacles to progress.
Represent FIT activities at the monthly Product Planning group steering committee meeting.
Personally manage selected Fast Impact projects as assigned:
Lead a cross-functional team through all project phases, from initial concepts through launch
- Develop and maintain detailed scope, schedule, cost and other tracking tools for the project using the Visual Management tools from DBS
- Drive continuous improvement of execution through the team’s use of DBS culture and tools
- Use RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consult, Inform) to ensure ownership and execution of activities and deliverables is distributed to the appropriate team members and functional leaders
- Lead daily and/or weekly team meetings
- Report project status within the engineering department and to other company stakeholders
- Provide feedback on performance of team members to functional management
- Make technical recommendations to resolve problems
- Interact cross-functionally and independently develop relationships within the company
- Interact with external parties (customers, vendors, etc.)
- Contribute to process and product improvement initiatives
Represent project activities during audits, both internal and external (FDA, ISO, etc.).
Facilitate the Change Control process (the Facilitator does not own any change orders (ECNs) personally, but manages the process itself, as follows):
Chair the recurring ECN Committee meeting and maintain appropriate records thereof
- Provide guidance to ECN owners on the correct execution of the ECN process and on which deliverables are relevant to a given change effort
- Facilitate discussion among cross-functional stakeholders in the event of any disagreement on execution or deliverables and guide the team to a successful resolution
- Review ECN packages for completeness and correctness and work with ECN owners to correct any deficiencies
- Guide the progression of individual ECNs through the ECN lifecycle from initial request through implementation
- Represent the ECN process in audits (FDA, Intertek, etc.) as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in product development for commercial sale
Background in Design Control, DFM and GMP principles.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- Project/Program Management certification or diploma high desired
- Medical Device or Regulatory industry experience (such as QA or Operations) highly desired
- Experience in a formal tollgate product development team environment, team leadership experience preferred.
- Team leadership experience desired
- Proficiency in SAP
- MasterControl experience
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and commit to deadlines.
- Capable of communicating analytical results to a broad audience.
Capable of understanding the breadth and depth of technologies in our products.
Most Important Competencies:
Teamwork- must be willing and able to work closely with other departments, peers, etc.
- Ability to influence others- must be able to inform, convince and persuade others to action on key initiatives.
- Results orientation- must deliver results.
Communication- must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-PA-Hatfield
Req ID: KAV003506