Danaher Corporation Global Leader, Transportation and Logistics in Hebron, Kentucky
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Global Leader, Transportation and Logistics is a Senior Supply Chain leader who develops and leads a world-class organization tasked with optimizing a $166 million worldwide transportation and logistics spend. The role is tasked with optimizing Beckman Coulter’s service and spend performance across a multi-modal transportation program, with heavy emphasis on air freight forwarders, small parcel, LTL and truckload carriers. The Global Leader drives continuous improvement and innovation in cost, service and compliance through their knowledge of transportation networks, carriers, data analytics, supply chain operations and through the use of DBS. This role must be able to teach, coach and mentor a diverse team of professionals, with the goal of turning transportation management into an area of strength for the organization.
- Develops break through Transportation strategies in partnership with Global Operations Leadership, Regional commercial teams, Customer Service and L&D leadership
- Builds, implements and maintains a transportation network that fully meets or exceeds all applicable regulatory and compliance standards.
- Builds mutually beneficial, Executive level partnerships with Carriers, 3PLs and other T&L providers
- Leads across functions and geographies to create and execute year over year productivity plans
- Ensures alignment of functional efforts with broader company and Global Operations goals
- Provides direction and leadership on company freight payment strategies
- Serves as Beckman Coulter’s representative on Danaher cross- OpCo T&L core team
- Builds the organizations analytic and decision support capabilities
- Sponsors the development of enterprise decision support tools and models that enable breakthrough performance
- Recruits, hires and coaches a best in class Transportation and Logistics team
- Partners with worldwide Commercial and Customer Service teams to address client specific concerns, issues, trends and needs
- Progressive Supply Chain leadership experience with a Fortune 500 company or similar experience
- A demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement in the area of Transportation and Logistics
- Strong Global Leadership experience
- Experience with large, complex Transportation spends
- A demonstrated data driven, “Lead by the numbers” approach
- Experience leading decision support functions
- Advanced Experience with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word)
- Ability to extract data from BI or other DB sources, validate and conduct advanced analytics
Must have excellent analytical, Supply Chain statistics, benchmarking, and database management skills
Strong communication skills. Turns data into information
Experience working directly with customers to resolve issues or concerns
Ability to present analysis and recommendations in verbal and written communications to multiple target audiences, including at the C – level.
Experience working with TMS systems and knowledge of freight KPI’s
Experience working with large Transportation and Logistics data sets
Knowledge of Supply Chain operations, and process improvement methodologies
Ability to manage multiple priority projects simultaneously
Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadline, high * volumes
Ability to work effectively with various levels of management
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Ten to fifteen years of experience in Global Transportation Management, Supply Chain Planning or Operations, Procurement or Finance within a Fortune 500 size organization or similar.
B.S. in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Finance or other related field. MBA preferred.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-KY-Hebron
Req ID: BEC011620