Danaher Corporation Applications Specialist - Haematology/Blood Banking in High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
Field Service Applications Specialist, Haematology and Blood Banking– South UK
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide applications support along with installation commissioning and customer training for haematology and blood banking instrumentation and associated products in accordance with customer requirements.
- Reporting to the Applications Support Manager, the Applications Specialist provides onsite customer support and is the face of the company to our customers
- This position will be instrumental in providing a high level of support, requiring close interaction with the customer and colleagues to maintain a quality service
- Adhere to customer focused strategies to achieve business objectives and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Installation and commissioning of solutions ensuring that the performance of the equipment meets technical specifications and customer expectations
- Perform in-house and onsite product training, ensuring that customer are provided with training appropriate to the use of the instrumentation and software solutions
- Assist new and current customers with assay validation processes and troubleshooting techniques
- Provide field based technical support
- Build and maintain customer relationships in area of accountability
- Maintain personal knowledge development
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of all paperwork and reports and maintain accurate car inventory
- Carry out tasks that are reasonably requested
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- A qualification in Biochemistry / Laboratory Medicine is preferable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Medical Diagnostics industry, laboratory experience preferable.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory practices, including a knowledge of clinical haematology, blood banking and automation
- A self-motivated individual who has an enthusiastic approach to customer service and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to provide remote and on-site customer applications support and training for respective product lines across UKI and Northern Europe where required
- IT literate,good knowledge of Microsoft Office products and confident with other IT applications
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Full UK driving license
- Full time, working days may include Saturday and Sunday as required to meet customer demands
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Buckinghamshire-High Wycombe
Req ID: BEC012166