Danaher Corporation Technical Specialist Data Management Systems - UK South Field Based in High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Technical Specialist Data Management Systems – UK Southern Region (Field Based)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide exceptional hardware, software and applications support for Beckman Coulter’s customers using our Data Management Systems Middleware solutions & products.
- Reporting to the UK and Ireland Workflow and IT Solutions (WITS) Data Management Supervisor, the Technical Specialist provides onsite customer support and is the main face of the company to our customers.
- This position will be instrumental in providing a high level of support, requiring close interaction with the customer and colleagues to maintain a quality service.
- Adhering to customer focused strategies to achieve business goals, increase customer satisfaction and position Service Support as a positive sales differentiator in an ever increasingly competitive market.
Achieve departmental goals and objectives, enabling Beckman Coulter to meet its business goals and positioning our service support as a positive sales differentiator in an increasingly competitive market.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- A minimum HVQ (or equivalent) in a relevant technical subject.
- Minimum of 12 months experience (preferably on physical/virtual server and desktop PC support). Or a proven track record in a technical service organisation with a customer focus being key.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels.
- Full, Clean Driving licence
- Travel by car within specified area with additional travel within the UK when required. Our training facilities are located within the UK and Europe for specific data management systems training.
- Successful candidate will be working as part of a technical support team who are the day to day face of Beckman Coulter within the customer haematology and or biochemistry laboratories and pathology data centres.
- Although this position will be around the South of England, there will be times when travel around the country will be required.
- This position is full time, five days a week. The five working days will be flexible to include Saturday and Sunday as and when the Company requires.
- Pathology and hospital LIS exposure would be advantageous.
MOST IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a team within a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Strong communication skills .
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Problem solving and process improvement mind-set
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office products & confident with other IT applications
- As a company we strive to drive each lab forward to provide the highest level of patient care possible.
- As a team member you will work to promote the Danaher core values of: The Best Team Wins, Customer talks - We listen, Continuous Improvement Is Our Way of Life, Leading Edge Innovation Defines Our Future, We Compete for Shareholders.
- As an employer we value honesty and courage, and strive for excellence and innovation. We have a genuine desire to do the right thing - always.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Buckinghamshire-High Wycombe
Req ID: BEC011044