Danaher Corporation Business Development Executive in Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Since its formation in 1987 Linx has earned a reputation for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company has continued to invest around 6% of turnover annually in research and development, making it one of the UK’s top research spenders in relation to its turnover. Investment in R&D has delivered new continuous ink jet (CIJ) printers, laser coders, thermal transfer overprinters, and case coders, supported by a comprehensive range of ancillary products. Linx sells to a geographically diverse market, with over 80% of sales outside the UK. With a growing worldwide market share and a significant position in all major CIJ markets, Linx is one of the CIJ industry’s leading players. Linx is renowned for reliable, easy-to-use products which have a low total cost of ownership, as well as for its strong customer service ethos.
This position will work with and support the UK sales team to identify and convert sales opportunities in order to achieve sales targets of Linx equipment in the Midlands and East Anglia region.
- Work in collaborations with the established UK sales team to identify and qualify new business accounts across the UK in line with set goals and objectives
- Identifying sales leads by; - Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets - Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings. - Conduct product demonstrations on customers sites - Identify key industrial areas, set journey plan and carry out cold calling visits - Researching the needs of other companies to establish optimum time for sales approach - Contacting potential clients to obtain information regarding who makes decisions about purchasing, then following up when necessary regarding buying cycles and budgets. - Obtaining referrals - Attending conferences, meetings and industry events
- To sell Linx products to potential clients by; - Preparing Powerpoint presentations and sales displays - Contacting clients to promote and inform them about the new developments in the company's products - Developing quotes and proposals - Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email and in person
- Provide internal sales support for all UK territories in the absence of the Area Sales Managers, by answering customer queries, providing quotes etc.
- Maintain and update the CRM database to ensure the accurate collation of data.
- Educated to A Level (or equivalent)
- Experience in working in a customer facing position for example, internal sales, telesales, customer service
- Results orientated and tenancious in an approach with a strong work ethic
- Ability to succeed in a fast moving, changing environment; comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to act on own initiative, making thoughtful, customer and business focussed decisions
- Evidence of good negotiation and communication skills.
- A good understanding of marketing principles
- Experience of journey planning and effectively organising own time
- Experience of using Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Huntingdon
Req ID: LIN000507