Danaher Corporation Development Engineer in Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Since its formation in 1987 Linx has earned a reputation for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company has continued to invest around 6% of turnover annually in research and development, making it one of the UK’s top research spenders in relation to its turnover. Investment in R&D has delivered new continuous ink jet (CIJ) printers, laser coders, thermal transfer overprinters, and case coders, supported by a comprehensive range of ancillary products. Linx sells to a geographically diverse market, with over 80% of sales outside the UK. With a growing worldwide market share and a significant position in all major CIJ markets, Linx is one of the CIJ industry’s leading players. Linx is renowned for reliable, easy-to-use products which have a low total cost of ownership, as well as for its strong customer service ethos.
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products for industrial printing applications. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, whilst having a solid grasp of the background technical theory. There is scope for development within the role, making it equally appropriate for graduate entry applicants or engineers in the early stages of their career.
Inkjet Engineer- Key Responsibilities:
- Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
- Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
- Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successfulInkjet Engineerwill be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Preferably Degree Qualified - Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive) or Science (Physics) discipline
- Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments
- Analytical, evidence driven approach
- Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
- Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable
- Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
Inkjet Engineer- Competencies:
- Attitude, enthusiasm and energy to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written -Ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of a team
- Proven problem solving ability
- Effective at multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines
Familiarity with the following would be advantageous:
- Basic scripting languages such as lua
- CAD packages such as CREO
- Analytical tools such as Mathcad
- Modeling packages such as Comsol at a sufficient level to communicate ideas
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries. A globally diverse team of 71,000 associates, we are united by our culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which is our competitive advantage. In 2014, we generated $19.9B in revenue and our market cap exceeded $60B. We are #149 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20yrs. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Huntingdon
Req ID: LIN000402