Danaher Corporation Graduate Technical Support Specialist in Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Since its formation in 1987 Linx has earned a reputation for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company has continued to invest around 6% of turnover annually in research and development, making it one of the UK’s top research spenders in relation to its turnover. Investment in R&D has delivered new continuous ink jet (CIJ) printers, laser coders, thermal transfer overprinters, and case coders, supported by a comprehensive range of ancillary products. Linx sells to a geographically diverse market, with over 80% of sales outside the UK. With a growing worldwide market share and a significant position in all major CIJ markets, Linx is one of the CIJ industry’s leading players. Linx is renowned for reliable, easy-to-use products which have a low total cost of ownership, as well as for its strong customer service ethos
_Position summary_ __ To assist Linx customers, distributors and OEMs worldwide, to answer detailed technical questions about Linx products and help develop their technical and customer service knowledge and processes. This role covers the full Linx range of industrial coding and marking equipment across Laser printing technology. _Duties and Responsibilities_
· Manage and resolve technical issues raised by Linx customers and distributors, giving detailed and quality responses within agreed response times.
· Build successful relationships and partnerships within our distributor network.
· When necessary, visit distributors and customers to provide sales and service support, assist with on-site problem resolution and on-going technical issues, develop and implement action plans to assess and improve their technical capability.
· Lead regular conference calls to review open issues and coach distributors.
· Build effective relationships across the organisation to collaborate on escalated cases and report findings from field failures.
· Contribute to other projects within the business (e.g. new product development) to provide the customer and service engineer perspective.
· Ensure department targets and objectives are met with regard to customer satisfaction, case response time, case first time fix and number of closed cases.
· Develop the Technical Support Knowledge Base to help distributors in quick finding the correct solution to the problem.
· Authorise returns of faulty parts from the customers.
· Assist with the sample marking service when required.
The successful candidate will have:
· Degree level qualification in one of the following disciplines - engineering, mechanical or electronics · Interest and passion for technology · Skills and interest in troubleshooting · Customer Service drive and focus with proactive approach · Be able to communicate internally and externally through email and telephone · Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage own workload within given deadlines · Good interpersonal skills · The ability to work as part of a team · Competence in French or Spanish is desirable · Willingness to travel (when required)
The working hours are 08.30 - 17.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break) but there is a requirement to work 06.30 - 15.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break) every 6thweek.
As it is a global role, flexibility may be needed to cover the distributor requirements.
There may also be a requirement to work on bank holidays (approximately 2 per year). In such a case, advanced warning will be given and a day off in lieu will be granted.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Huntingdon
Req ID: LIN000635