Danaher Corporation Receptionist in Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Since its formation in 1987 Linx has earned a reputation for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company has continued to invest around 6% of turnover annually in research and development, making it one of the UK’s top research spenders in relation to its turnover. Investment in R&D has delivered new continuous ink jet (CIJ) printers, laser coders, thermal transfer overprinters, and case coders, supported by a comprehensive range of ancillary products. Linx sells to a geographically diverse market, with over 80% of sales outside the UK. With a growing worldwide market share and a significant position in all major CIJ markets, Linx is one of the CIJ industry’s leading players. Linx is renowned for reliable, easy-to-use products which have a low total cost of ownership, as well as for its strong customer service ethos
Firstly, Why work at Linx?!
As a business, we have a strong family feel, although we operate globally, everybody is very keen to get to know everyone and lend a helping hand when needed – we even have the directors cleaning associates’ cars for charity every now and again!
Our benefits package is something we work hard on, and continuously strive to improve. Currently we offer 25 days holiday (with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days), free fresh fruit daily, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and a subsidised healthcare scheme which covers a range of things such as prescriptions, physiotherapy, counselling, prescription glasses and much more..
We also like to have lots of fun! We hold 2 companywide parties yearly, one at Christmas and one summer party in August as well as numerous fun activities and charity days throughout the year. Some team events have featured Tough Mudder 2018, A cycle ride from St Ives to Paris and Chariots of Fire, all of which anyone can participate.
If this is somewhere you think you’d like to work, and the role that sounds like your next career move then please read on…
The role of Receptionist will manage and coordinate all front of house activities significantly impacting the corporate image and service to customers at Linx Printing Technologies Ltd.** Providing a comprehensive and professional HR administration service, assisting the HR team in supporting the business with an emphasis on quality, communication and continuous improvement.
· Answer the company’s main telephone line and forward calls onto the relevant person/department.
· Welcome Visitors into Reception while getting them to sign in the visitor’s tablet and sign out on departure.
· Maintain Stationary stock; placing orders for the company and actively monitoring and working to reduce spend
· Deliver incoming Post to all employees and franking all outgoing post.
· Order supplies for meeting rooms and buffet lunches for business meetings or training sessions.
· Book hotel rooms and taxi transfers for employees or visitors when requested.
· Code applicable departmental invoices, obtain approval and pass to accounts for processing.
· Manage the pool car by checking driving licenses of all employees using the Pool car and detail journeys correctly.
· Manage site wide communications where applicable; sending emails to all associates and maintaining and updating notice boards.
· Updating the internal telephone directory.
· Arrange company meetings and events.
· Prepare presentations using PowerPoint for monthly meetings.
· Maintain Organisation Charts & update the intranet as appropriate with regards to any changes
· Coding invoices and administering the departmental credit card expenses.
· Produce offer and Induction packs.
Knowledge and Skills
· Administration experience
· Experience in a customer facing role
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to adjust style and approach to fit differing individual situations
· Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Administrative
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Huntingdon
Req ID: LIN000578