Danaher Corporation Informatics Technical Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The Informatics Technical Specialist will be Beckman Coulter’s front-line contact with customers in delivering a software product that bridges laboratories' information systems and their analytical instrumentation, and fills key gaps in data management functionality by using expert decision logic to facilitate the management of samples and the delivery of results. The position has consulting and implementation responsibilities. The Specialists will interact with customers' laboratory and IT personnel to craft effective solutions, perform installation and integration work to facilitate highly automated laboratory operations, and provide customized consulting services to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system
- Responsible for the integration of the automation, informatics, and LIS to accomplish successful communication between all systems
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the installation/integration of the informatics product
- Establish successful analyzer, network and LIS connectivity
- Integrate informatics systems onto hospital network
- Address the particular needs of each individual laboratory by writing custom algorithms that modify the informatics software accordingly.
- Train customer on operation of informatics product and the software interactions
- Provide ongoing support, training and leadership for the local field personnel
- Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and improvements.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps and potential design improvements to the integration process.
- Proactively address and support sales objectives and organizational directives.
- Interact with field service, or others on technical or account management issues.
- Technical resource for customers that will impact current and future sales decisions.
- Conduct themselves in a most professional manner, even under stressful conditions.
- Manage and support customer satisfaction to sustain the growth of business.
- Customize tailored solutions based on the unique needs and circumstances of each customer
- Serve as project leader directing and executing all on-site laboratory informatics implementation activities.
- Integrate the third-party hardware, consisting of PC workstations and servers, which operates the informatics software.
- Train customers in the use of the informatics software.
- Report to management on implementation projects so that experiences are retained and knowledge can be shared.
* Associates degree in science, IT, or Med Tech required. * Bachelor’s Degree in science, preferably Medical Technology or equivalent experience in laboratory environment preferred * Networking and/or LIS implementation/development experience preferred
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- The individual must maintain excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience with programming, networking and databases preferred
- Accomplish results individually and in collaboration on teams and work groups.
- Training experience in small and large group formats
- Project leadership experience
- Manage personal schedule and travel, company assets, and expenses within guidelines
- Familiarity with laboratory workflow and operations preferred, with a background as a medical technologist being ideal.
- Experience with Beckman Coulter instrumentation systems a strong plus.
This position will require extensive travel (at least 85%)
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC013232