Danaher Corporation Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
The Integrated Delivery Network Manager (IDN) is the key system-facing contact point for Tissue Acquistion Solutions (TAS). The IDN Manager develops and leads strategic selling initiatives in collaboration with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, Executive level) related to business opportunities within targeted IDNs. The IDN Manager builds high level customer relationships and strategic dialogue with decision makers/influencers at IDN corporate headquarters and C-Suite nationally recognized facilities. This position leverages the current TAS footprint in targeted networks to create new business opportunities. The IDN Manager is responsible for achieving sales growth and margin growth through strategic account objectives. The IDN manager provides comprehensive business reviews, The IDN Manager is supported locally by Regional Sales Managers and Biopsy/OR Representatives that can be called in to facilitate the technical components of the selling process.
Sales and Profit Achievement
* Accountable for increasing sales and profit within targeted IDN’s. Achieve quarterly, annual sales growth and profit goals.
* This position will develop, negotiate, implement, and evaluate contractual agreements. Complex Customer Relationship Development * Develops and presents customer business case internally and externally.
* Gains wide and deep penetration with the most senior client decision makers.
* Develop and maintain strategic relationships with assigned networks including executive, clinical advisors (VAC) and product category managers. Internal Collaboration * Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including field sales, Regional Managers, Directors, Marketing, Sales Operations and other support teams in order to meet IDN performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
* Drive strategy and provide leadership and guidance to field sales force during IDN sales campaigns, pre and post-sale.
* Lead all IDN sales campaigns on their assigned target list. * The IDN Manager will be expected to seek team member input to create the sales strategy to win the campaign (most effectively by holding a team meeting at the start of the campaign), communicate the strategy to all team members, assign tactics to teams members to execute on the strategy, host regular team conference calls to update on sales campaign and team deliverables. Strategic Account Management * Design strategic business plans with a high degree of business acumen.
* Execute detailed business plans for assigned networks, providing in-depth analysis and strategic/operational direction for all applicable company stakeholders. * Collaboratively develops IDN account plans to maximize the field sales team impact and shorten the sales cycle.
* Uses account planning to organize actions and enable successful progression of the sales and relationship development process. RFP and RFI * IDN Manager owns the RFP and is responsible for sharing it with all team members (including but not limited to Reps, RMs, Directors, VP, Marketing, Operations and Legal) and planning the timely submission to the customer. * The IDN Manager is responsible for drafting new agreements to protect and expand the company’s business with IDNs. * The IDN Manager is responsible for ensuring any agreements they write are approved by both legal, finance, and sales leadership to ensure compliance with any existing GPO/IDN agreements. Brand Ambassador * Drives “total solution value proposition.” Represents and sells the entire TAS portfolio to all stakeholders, acting as the brand ambassador to the customer.
* Reflects LBS and DHR core values in all actions. Other duties as assigned.
Experience - Minimum 10 years of increasingly complex model selling sales experience. Medical device experience necessary. - Ideally has strategic account management and/or Regional Management experience
Education - BA/BS degree required. - MBA preferred.
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge - Ability to understand and apply complex legal considerations. - Territory Management– Understands the trends in the industry and the Company’s position in the market. Produces well-developed business plans. Maintains capital funnel for sustained opportunities. Maintains and uses effective strategic call plans. - Competitive Selling– Effective in selling value proposition. Proactively cultivates competitive opportunities that result in converted business. Defends competitive threats. Identifies underlying problems affecting organizational or individual performance such as market conditions, competitor actions, or other external forces. - Communication– Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas clearly and simply both verbally and in writing. Promotes timely, ongoing flow of information to others. Communicates and listens effectively in order to develop and maintain key business relationships. - Interpersonal Skills– Ability to work with co-workers and customers, both internal and external, of all levels. Ability to professionally interact and build constructive and effective relationships with all levels and functions within the Company. Ability to effectively interface with others on behalf of the organization. Influences key business partners and customers to achieve mutually beneficial results. Demonstrated record of influence management with key provider decision makers, strong networking skills, confident and poised with key customer decision makers, and ability to manage difficult personalities. - Presentation Skills– Demonstrated ability to present 1:1 or in group settings. Delivers a clear and compelling message tailored to the needs of the audience. - Initiative– Ability to work well independently and exercise appropriate judgment under general direction. Ability to prioritize workload, goals and tasks consistent with the department and corporate objectives. Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage conflicting priorities in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to multi-task, completing concurrent projects within given time frames and managing interruptions and change requests. - Problem Solving– Uses rigorous logic to solve problems. Probes all sources for answers. Looks beyond the obvious. Enjoys solving tactical and process problems. Applies appropriate theory and principles, expert judgment, and cross-functional expertise to address a broad range of complex problems. - Decision Making– Makes timely, sound decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Utilizes a high degree of creativity and latitude. Relies on extensive experience and good judgment to ensure that expectations are met and that business objectives are achieved. - Strategic Agility– Anticipates future trends and consequences. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies/plans. Sets priorities wisely and knows how to make tough resource allocation decisions. Continuously finds ways to forward strategic initiatives. - Analytical Skills– Strong analytical skills. Identifies and understands relevant trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within the medical device industry. Proven ability to analyze and interpret data, to provide guidance, data driven decisions and recommendations. - Adaptability– Embraces and adapts to change and demonstrates a willingness to learn. Reactionary and adaptable to abrupt changes, arising issues, extreme time pressures, and other exigent circumstances. Ability to respond quickly to change, and to prioritize actions to meet customer needs. - Trust and Integrity– Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization. Accepts responsibility for one’s own decisions and actions. Demonstrates honesty. Keeps commitments. Behaves in a consistent manner and is open, honest and trustworthy. - Collaboration and Teamwork– Works collaboratively and cooperatively with many teams cross-functionally. Ability to work well with other people to solve problems and to find the best solution. Energetic and willingness to work closely with all team members to achieve success. - Customer Orientation– Demonstrates keen awareness of and commitment to internal and external customer requirements and utilizes a variety of Devicor resources to provide solutions and a compelling value proposition. Strong understanding of customer and marketplace dynamics. - Business Acumen– Knowledge and understanding of business concepts and issues, complex market issues, organization dynamics, competitive threats, and intra-company differences. Adept at business planning, and financial models. Strong grasp of business concepts and related issues. Shows understanding of issues relevant to organization. Keeps up to date with current practices and trends. Has and uses cross-functional knowledge. - Strategic Agility– Anticipates future trends and consequences. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies/plans. Sets priorities wisely and knows how to make tough resource allocation decisions. Continuously finds ways to forward strategic initiatives. - Healthcare Industry Knowledge– Understanding of key business issues that exist in the medical device and healthcare industries, i.e. health care economics and trends, state and local laws, regulatory requirements. - Risk Taking/Judgment– Inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience. Courage to grab opportunities or discontinue non-value added programs. - Negotiation/Influence– Ability to negotiate with and manage others through influence (comfortable with non-line authority). Builds consensus and gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals. - Administrative– Completes administrative responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner. Completes tasks assigned as well as expense reports, surveys, business plans, regional reports, training records, etc. Develops or uses systems to organize and track information. - Computer Skills– Proficient computer system based tools including Microsoft Office applications, project planning, flow charts, presentation, e-mail, web browsers and spreadsheet software. Understanding of sales systems and e-commerce options.
Travel - Position requires car and air travel on a routine basis. - Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time.
Work Environment And Physical Demands - Field work with customers, GPOs and other employees. - Office environment and/or field environment for detailed paperwork, e-mail, phone calls, etc. - Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer. - Physical Demands: may lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally. Accommodations will be evaluated where needed.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles
Req ID: MAM000549