Danaher Corporation Senior Applications Development Scientist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Senior Applications Development Scientist will be responsible for the development of automated applications in a team environment.
They will use scientific and programming expertise to design and develop automated applications in one or more key strategic life science market segments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Has a good understanding of the scientific methods with a concentration in either molecular or cell biology. Is able to follow established research procedures without direct supervision.
* Interacts with project team members and peers to establish application development priorities to support strategic plan.
* Develops applications with a customer’s view/ experience in mind and provides support for positioning the applications to specific market segments.
* Develops research plan, designing work flows and procedures. Writes automation programs by interpreting internal and external protocols and performs internal verification of product performance.
* Identifies and establishes collaborative relationships with customers to demonstrate the applications developed.
* Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
* Contributes to application reports and scientific publications. Exhibits good oral and written communication skills.
* Will be required to present work internally or externally. * As a second level of support, interacts, coaches and answers queries from the field or key customers when necessary.
* MS or BS with 2 years of recent laboratory experience or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields. * Hands on experience in genomic automated applications including techniques and applications such as nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, PCR, Next Generation Sequencing and it’s sample prep. Experience programming and operating automated scientific equipment is preferred. * Continues to develop depth of knowledge by reading scientific and technical literature * Problem solving – Solves routine issues; identifies non-routine issues and may take actions to resolve. Works well in group problem solving situations. * Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. * Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. * Prioritizes work load to manage competing demands. * Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. * Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. * Limited travel required (15-20%).
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC011238