Danaher Corporation Senior Windows Embedded Software Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Are you a Windows Embedded Software Engineer who would love to work in Indianapolis with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and supply chain professionals? You will support the Centrifugation Chief Engineer with definition and execution of our software road map. This includes on-instrument and cloud-based software, new product development, and post-launch product maintenance.
- Lead and participate in multi-functional project teams, collaborating with internal departments including marketing, service/support, value engineering, quality and regulatory, and manufacturing.
- Participate in the creation and review of the product line software roadmap.
- Lead the delivery of specifications and directions to team members, suppliers, outside consultants, and development partners.
- Build design concepts and/or provides review feedback to engineering for user interface and operating system approaches based on user needs from external customers and application scientists.
- Design new user interfaces and capabilities.
- Own the testing or investigations pertaining to issues with existing user interfaces.
- Establish working relationships with vendors for outsourcing of engineering services.
- Provide leadership in ensuring developed products meet safety, privacy, and security objectives for the global customer base.
- Write and maintain software code base, leading other developers, driving quality and timely work
- 5 years working with Microsoft embedded operating systems, including Windows Embedded and Windows CE or other relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering.
- C#, C , and SQL understanding and experience.
- Experience with cloud services and data protection.
- Ability and willingness to travel to local, domestic, and international locations approximately 10%.
- Ability to problem solve - both defining the problem and ability to demonstrate solutions compatible with business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Azure, WPF, WCF, SQL Compact, Threading, and MFC preferred.
- Understanding of ISO14971, IEC62304 preferred.
Danaher Corporation Overview
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our elite brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture the Danaher Business System. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create new value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC011234