Danaher Corporation Service Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Service Inside Sales Representative
Beckman Coulter is seeking talented & dynamic individual to fill the position of Inside Sales/Service Representative in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organization. The incumbent will be responsible for retaining, supporting and growing the commercial service business in selected regions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive improvement in service contract business including timeliness of renewals, warranty conversion, and selling new services. Serve as a point of contact to customers, sales, engineers, District Managers, and supplier with the objective of retaining growing business.
- As necessary, provide customers with all necessary information in order to facilitate the service agreement transactions.
- Direct sales of contracts, including pricing and proposals. Work closely with Service Management and supplier to identify opportunities, provide leads, and add service agreements. Provide leads to Service Management and Outside Service Sales by leveraging customer purchasing trends on service/supplies/parts.
- Service campaign development – identify opportunities for inbound and outbound campaigns, early renewal incentive programs, customer loyalty programs, etc.
- Contact and convert customers to supplemental warranties upon labor warranty expiration. Developing materials for use by Customer Service Engineers to facilitate an increase in supplemental warranties.
- Develop process and materials for converting customers from supplemental warranty to full service maintenance agreements.
- Proposal generation for new (support for Field Service Managers and Outside Service Sales) and existing customers (re-value selling existing agreements to ensure business is retained).
- Key Competencies include:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, listening, and business acumen skills. Team Player.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office skills - specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent sales ability
- Self-starter that can work independently and take action with a focus on continuous improvement
- Results oriented - able to clearly separate effort from results. Must possess the ability to quickly gather data, identify trends/issues, and clearly communicate next steps and aggressively follow-up to ensure that opportunities are closed.
- HS degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Minimum 6 months experience in Customer service
- Minimum 3-5 years experience In MS Office especially Excel
- Basic understanding of Business acumen.
- BA Degree preferred
- Prior telemarketing/inside sales and customer service experience is a plus.
- Experience communicating value propositions is a plus.
- Experience using customer database and selling tools is a plus.
- All of the above in a business-to-business capital goods environment, in a value creation and share capturing selling environment is a plus.
- Proficient in Oracle, Salesforce, OBI
- Basic understanding of revenue, profit, and margin.
Strong interpersonal communication.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC010851