Danaher Corporation Supervisor Instrument Manufacturing, Machining in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
- The incumbent is responsible for managing both the production process and the skilled workforce that puts the product out of the door every day.
- Responsible for building the best team, training the associates on standard manufacturing processes and ensuring all Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) and DBS initiatives are met and sustained. Typical responsibilities include: coordinating of daily production requirements, managing and training a diverse workforce of dedicated associates, implementing lean conversion initiatives in accordance with the DBS toolkit, and facilitating the communication and coordination of activities between the manufacturing process and support functions.
- Plan and manage the costs for the value stream responsibly, including labor, production, maintenance, shop supplies, tooling and fixtures.
- Manage associates to include, interviewing, hiring, counseling, disciplining, write and give performance appraisals, training and development, adherence to company policies and procedures, approving hours worked and time off.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and rotate when needed as it is a 3 shift operation.
- Must have CNC machining supervision/management background, must be able to reduce lead times thru SMED activities.
- Assist with developing work instructions. Prepare for internal, as well as external quality audits.
- Motivates personnel to perform at peak levels while maintaining a positive working environment.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and increase production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiencies.
- Assist in troubleshooting quality, tooling, and production issues.
- AA Degree with 10 years’ or BS degree and 4 years of management experience.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement, Six Sigma efforts and kaizen project team are desirable. Experience in working with kanban and pull systems and in regulated environment is preferred.
- Background in CNC machining, basic machining and blueprint reading is a must.
- Strong problem solving skills desirable.
- Possess a high sense of urgency, ability to work in fast-paced environment, do what it takes attitude
- Excellent leadership, communication and instruction skills
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes
- Formal problem solving knowledge such as Six Sigma or 5-why a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus
- Good written, oral and presentation skills(communication) with multi-level audiences
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Leadership capability
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Planning and organizational ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc.)
- Demonstrated 5S proficiency
- Experience in a metal cutting / fabrication / machining environment
- Assist with and manage projects as assigned. Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of SOP’s for FDA requirements.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. BECKRSR
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC010838