Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer - Gauteng in Johannesburg, South Africa
Work Location : Gauteng
The position will provide field service and technical support to customers in the diagnostic laboratory environment. This position is responsible for repairing, upgrading, moving and maintaining all analysers operational in the diagnostic laboratory or research environment. This is a support function to the company and the levels are maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in line with the service provided by our customers. Main KPI’s – service effectiveness, administrative compliance and preventative maintenance visit completions.
NATURE AND SCOPE
• To independently service, support and maintain a wide range of medical diagnostic equipment in line with company procedures.
• Demonstrate accountability for analysers assigned to as preferred engineer.
• Possess sound administrative skills to complete all required tasks within the allocated timeframe.
• Adhere to all service department policies and procedures.
• Promote the company with customers and play an active role in customer retention initiatives.
• Possess a sound analytical and technical ability to assess and deal with difficult analyser problems.
• Willingness to be part of an active call roster.
• Possess sound communication skills to address issues effectively with internal and external customers.
• Determine, recommend and implement solutions to customer software and hardware-related requests.
• Schedule own day-to-day activities, ensuring completion of business unit support agreement commitments.
• Identify potential service, training and product sales, or future business opportunities, recommending an action plan to the appropriate departments.
• Responsible for escalation support to Field Service Supervisors.
• Adheres to policies and procedures.
• Do what it takes to drive results.
• Effective time management and personal organization.
• Must have a sense of urgency and immediate impact.
• Champion DBS to drive continuous improvement.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must be innovative, curious and comfortable with work place complexities.
• Must have high self-awareness and good emotional intelligence.
• Must be coachable and have a passion for new ideas while being able to get results under tough conditions
System and Administration
• Adhere to all compliance training schedules and administrative duties related to the field service.
Standards of Conduct
• Fully complies with company guidelines, policies and compliance requirements
Qualification and Education Required:
• B. Tech Electronics, N6 Electronics, Instrumentation qualification / Bio-medical technologist diploma or an equivalent qualification
• Understanding of computer hardware and composition and be computer literate.
• Microsoft office competent.
• Knowledge of ISO, Quality Management Systems.
• Experience with test equipment such as DVM, Oscilloscopes, pressure meters and laser test equipment.
• Technically competent with strong people skills to promote teamwork needed to achieve reliability program objectives; ability to work in team environment.
• Be in possession of a valid passport and drivers licenses
• Be in possession of and maintain a clear credit rating and no criminal conviction or legal action pending.
• Be able to work under pressure and maintain discipline when situations become challenging.
• Self-motivation, good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be punctual and comfortable working to deadlines.
• Results and process oriented approach.
• Highly effective teamwork and communication skills: directed at focusing and motivating the teams to success with a demonstrated ability to work with resources.
• Technically competent to achieve reliability program objectives.
• Knowledge and experience with diagnostic troubleshooting principles will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and working experience of interfacing and ICT networking will be an advantage.
• Analytical / problem solving skills: able to analyze and understand complex issues and consequently develop plans to capture opportunities, avoid business and customer loses and to visualize customer disengagement trends to escalate to appropriate channels for follow up and resolution
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .