Danaher Corporation Senior Field Service Engineer - Bloemfontein in Johannesburg, South Africa
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The position will provide field service and technical support to customers in the diagnostic laboratory environment in the Bloemfontein region. This position is responsible for repairing, upgrading, moving and maintaining all analysers operational in the diagnostic laboratory or research environment. This is a support function to the company and the levels are maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in line with the service provided by our customers. Main KPI’s – service effectiveness, administrative compliance and preventative maintenance visit completions.
NATURE AND SCOPE
• To independently service, support and maintain a wide range of medical diagnostic equipment in line with company procedures.
• Demonstrate accountability for analysers assigned to as preferred engineer.
• Possess sound administrative skills to complete all required tasks within the allocated timeframe.
• Adhere to all service department policies and procedures.
• Promote the company with customers and play an active role in customer retention initiatives.
• Possess a sound analytical and technical ability to assess and deal with difficult analyser problems.
• Willingness to be part of an active call roster.
• Possess sound communication skills to address issues effectively with internal and external customers.
• Determine, recommend and implement solutions to customer software and hardware-related requests.
• Schedule own day-to-day activities, ensuring completion of business unit support agreement commitments.
• Identify potential service, training and product sales, or future business opportunities, recommending an action plan to the appropriate departments.
• Responsible for escalation support to Field Service Supervisors.
• Adheres to policies and procedures.
• Do what it takes to drive results.
• Effective time management and personal organization.
• Must have a sense of urgency and immediate impact.
• Champion DBS to drive continuous improvement.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must be innovative, curious and comfortable with work place complexities.
• Must have high self-awareness and good emotional intelligence.
• Must be coachable and have a passion for new ideas while being able to get results under tough conditions.
System and Administration
• Adhere to all compliance training schedules and administrative duties related to the field service.
Standards of Conduct
• Fully complies with company guidelines, policies and compliance requirements
Qualification and Education Required:
• B. Tech Electronics, N6 Electronics, Instrumentation qualification / Bio-medical technologist diploma or an equivalent qualification
• Understanding of computer hardware and composition and be computer literate.
• Microsoft office competent.
• Knowledge of ISO, Quality Management Systems.
• Experience with test equipment such as DVM, Oscilloscopes, pressure meters and laser test equipment.
• Technically competent with strong people skills to promote teamwork needed to achieve reliability program objectives; ability to work in team environment.
• Be in possession of a valid passport and drivers licenses
• Be in possession of and maintain a clear credit rating and no criminal conviction or legal action pending.
• Be able to work under pressure and maintain discipline when situations become challenging.
• Self-motivation, good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be punctual and comfortable working to deadlines.
• Results and process oriented approach.
• Highly effective teamwork and communication skills: directed at focusing and motivating the teams to success with a demonstrated ability to work with resources.
• Technically competent to achieve reliability program objectives.
• Knowledge and experience with diagnostic troubleshooting principles will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and working experience of interfacing and ICT networking will be an advantage.
• Analytical / problem solving skills: able to analyze and understand complex issues and consequently develop plans to capture opportunities, avoid business and customer loses and to visualize customer disengagement trends to escalate to appropriate channels for follow up and resolution
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Middle East/Africa (MEA)-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
Req ID: BEC010805