Danaher Corporation Design Engineer Prosthetics in Kloten, Switzerland
Danaher Company Description
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single-tooth to fully edentulous indications. Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements.
The Design Engineer (DE) takes responsibility for detailed designing of products according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market processes. This includes activities starting from the development and leading up to the release of the final systems and components specifications, supporting the Product Development Engineer with the translation of product concepts into technical drawings and other specifications, suitable for manufacturing. For a successful development and design transfer the DE closely collaborates with the Technical Project Lead and the manufacturing sites
- Detailed designing of new products within innovation projects
- Generate, change and review specifying documents (e.g. drawings, labels, specifications) as part of Technical Files and project work. Ensure that documents are uniform, accurate and comply with applicable engineering, medical device and Nobel Biocare (NB) standards
- Create Change Request forms (ECO) and is responsible to close the change request
- Identify potential improvements of products and support improvement requests for manufacturing processes
- Comply with all relevant guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market processes maintained by NB
- Conduct and document technical analysis (e.g. of prototypes, initial samples, complaints)
- Perform and evaluate production feasibility studies of technical solutions
- Conduct specifying document reviews with manufacturing and quality control
- Provide technical content to product related documentation such as Instructions for Use and product catalogues
- Technical background in a relevant field (mechanical engineering or equivalent)
- Comprehensive knowledge in relevant software as 3D-CAD (essential)
- Good understanding of manufacturing methods and processes
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and systematically develop detailed solutions
- Acquaintance with MS Office and SAP (or similar)
- Preferably already working experience in the design engineering or mechanical engineering field, ideally in medical device industry
- Preferably good understanding of quality control methods and processes is nice to have
- Organizational and multitasking skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively with other groups and maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
For agencies:please, note that we only accept direct applications. Submission of candidates from unsolicited third parties does not create any implied obligation on the part of Nobel Biocare/ Danaher group
Organization: Nobel Biocare
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Switzerland-Zurich-Kloten
Req ID: NOB002617