Danaher Corporation Packaging Development Engineer in Kloten, Switzerland
Danaher Company Description
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single-tooth to fully edentulous indications. Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements.
The Packaging Development Engineer is capable to both leading technical projects from idea generation to Design Transfer, and taking responsibility for developing product packaging according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market process. The area of responsibility includes new packaging developments as well as maintaining the existing product portfolio such as cost reduction or quality improvement. The PDE further acts as a general point of knowledge for technical expertise in the company’s product packaging as well as the industry’s technical trends.
- Generate, change and review specifying documents (e.g. SPE, DRW, ECO etc) as part of Technical File and project work. Ensure that documents are uniform, accurate and comply with applicable engineering, medical device and Nobel Biocare (NB) standards.
- Be a point of knowledge and comply with all relevant guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market process maintained by NB.
- Develop and document packaging concepts (e.g. product packaging design, processes, layouts etc) for evaluation and support to elaborate business scenarios prioritizing project initiatives.
- Conduct and document technical analysis (e.g. prototypes, initial samples, complaints, etc), perform and evaluate feasibility studies and design verification tests of technical solutions.
- Provide technical content and review product related documentation such as IFUs, product catalogues, marketing and sales information.
- Strong technical background (BScBEng, MEngSc or equivalent academical Engineering Degree) in relevant field (packaging or mechanical engineering, materials sciences or equivalent).
- Further education such as post graduate diploma in Medical Technology or Business Administration is a plus.
- Five plus (5 ) years of successful working experience in design controlled product development and / or technical project lead in medical device, regulated packaging engineering or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the dental industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge in relevant tools (SAP, NX/TC, Illustrator, MS Office, MS Project), processes
- (DCP and ItM) and relevant SOPs.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), German is an assett
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks independently to meet the objectives.
- Work effectively with other groups and maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adjust the message appropriately to the audience.
- Ability to functionally lead, organize and motivate crossfunctional teams as well as to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of user needs, clinical and laboratory workflows to be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements and to perform customer visits with valuable feedback.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant NB products, their history as well as manufacturing methods / limitations and design principles of the NB assortment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity, commitment, ethics and proactivity to cultivate a network of productive relationships in an international matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills and result orientation with interest into innovation and new technology.
- Analyzes issues and breaks them down. Makes documented, systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information.
- Maintains effective work behavior in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Understands and applies basic commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues and a perception of their longer-term impact or wider implications.
- Creates new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Nobel Biocare
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Switzerland-Zurich-Kloten
Req ID: NOB002642